Don't let me be the last to know. Part 10-

Lizzie Pov-

Monday came again so I walked to the bus stop. I saw Lucy but there was no Jay.

''Where's bird?'' I asked her.''He's with all the other lads in London?'' ''What?!'' I chocked. ''You mean Nathan didn't tell you?'' ''Tell me what?'' I asked.

She paused for a moment, thinking of what to say. ''He and the other lads have gone auditioning to be in a boy band, in London.'' ''Oh, he didn't tell me. But when you say all of the lads, do you mean Zayn as well?'' I hoped he would have been going so I didn't have to see him again, in school for a while. ''No just Tom, Max, Siva, Jay and Nathan.''

I nodded.

At school, I scanned the yard to see where he was but I couldn't spot him. Lucy tried to tell me it would be fine but I couldn't believe her; he scared me. He could hurt me, he could hurt her. I walked into form and saw him on his own, sat in Nathan's place. Ella didn't seem to be in.

''Why are you there?'' I asked him. ''Nathan doesn't seem to be in today. Why? Can I not sit here?'' He mocked. ''It's not your place, that's all.'' I spat back at him. He smiled devilishly but it went straight through me.

A cold shiver shot down my spine, but Zayn noticed. I felt him snake his arms around me, which made me want to be sick. ''What happened Lizzie? Why aren't we together, like old times laughing and cuddling.'' I rolled my eyes at him; stupid or what? ''Because you cheated on me one too many times.'' I shot back at him. ''And each time, you were in my head!'' ''That didn't stop you though, did it?''

His arms let me go and dropped back onto the desk. He started to fiddle with his pen. ''Both were big mistakes, mistakes that I now know I have learnt from.'' His eyes were full of sorrow. ''Good for you.''

The bell rang so I quickly grabbed my bag and walked away from him. I couldn't take this all week whilst Nathan was away. Zayn knew what he was doing, he was trying to get to me so that I cracked under his power. But this time, I wasn't going to let him, he was wrong.

''Zayn move next to Lizzie, we need that space.'' The teacher ordered him. He smirked, knowing what he could do. I sighed and rolled my eyes, I already missed Nathan being here, sitting next to me instead of 'him.'

''Now in your pairs, do the tasks I have set.'' The teacher ordered. That meant I had to look around school looking for stupid things, with Zayn. We walked in silence for a while; looking but finding nothing. ''What are we looking for?'' ''A source of energy.''

The silence then returned. ''I miss you Lizzie.'' Until he broke it. ''Zayn, don't.'' I pleaded him. ''But I love you.'' We had now stopped walking and were staring at each other. ''No Zayn, please.'' His hand stroked my cheek as his face edged closer to mine. ''Please can you forgive me? I honestly have learnt from my mistakes. I'm truly sorry for everything I have put you through.''

''Zayn, I can't do this again.'' I felt my own heart sink saying those words. Part of me still loved Zayn but not enough to leave Nathan and carry on, I love Nathan more.

Zayn's face was still close to mine; too close. His warm breath lingered on my lips. When suddenly, they met his. I tried to break away but I was frozen in the moment. It's like I didn't want to pull away. My heart did want me too but my head didn't.

''Give us time Lizzie, we could be the way we were.'' He whispered, giving me one last kiss.

*

It's been nine months, and I have seen Nathan quite a lot considering he's been away. He got into the band, along with the other lads, which was amazing. Apparently they just all fitted together perfectly.

Don't let me be the last to know. (The Wanted Fanfic) UNDER EDITING!On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara