Don't let me be the last to know. Part 12-

Lizzie Pov-

''You absolute IDIOT!'' Lucy shouted at me. ''I can't believe your falling for it again! How stupid can you be? Nathan was perfect for you but you threw it away, for him?!'' She was screaming at me but all I wanted to do was cry.

''No Lucy! I didn't break up with Nathan for 'him'. I loved Nathan but I couldn't keep watching him leave every five minutes! Zayn has changed. I know he said that last time but I can see that he has!'' I shouted back. She rolled her eyes at me. ''And what about Nathan?'' ''What about him Lucy? We're not together!'' I snapped.

She sat down on the couch and sighed. Me and Nathan aren't together, he'd understand, wouldn't he?

''Do you know how he's been? No you don't because you don't fucking care about him, do you? He's my cousin Lizzie! Jay said he's been a wreck. He said that all Nathan's doing is sitting in his room whenever their at home. He fakes smiles but really he's in bits. You can say that he's only young and he'll get over it. But he loves you. And he thinks it's his fault you're over. He doesn't know about you and Zayn yet. And what about when he does find out? He's gonna be heart broken. Zayn may have changed and you may love him again but please, don't mess my cousin around!''

I sat on the couch opposite her. Trying to process all of what she had just said. I did love Nathan, I still do but I can't watch him leave an return all over again. He'll get bigger and it'll be harder for us to be together. I want him to find someone else, forget about me. That's what I thought would happen.

''I'm not messing him around. I thought it was for the best if we weren't together. I thought he'd move on and forget me, but I guess not.''

''I know Lizzie, just ring him or something, let him know that you're thinking about him. Give him some hope, please?'' She asked. ''Okay.'' I smiled.

She left to the kitchen whilst I gave him a call...

Nathan Pov-

*Incoming call- Lizzie.*

My heart raced inside my chest as I stared at the screen. 'Answer it you pillock.' I thought to myself.

''Hello?'' I croaked. ''Hey Nathan, it's Lizzie.'' She mumbled. ''You do know that there's this thing called caller ID?'' She laughed at me. Sometimes, I'm just too funny.

''Why you ringing anyway?'' I asked. ''I just wanted to see how you have been, I've been thinking about you.'' I smiled at what she said. 'Thinking about you'. She still does? I thought she'd moved on. ''I'm fine thanks, what about you?'' I asked back. ''Yeah, I'm fine...'' She muttered. ''Congratulations on the number one by the way!'' She added. ''Thanks.'' I replied quite happily.

''Nathan?'' She called. ''Yeah?'' I replied. ''Im sorry.'' She whispered. ''For what?'' I questioned. ''I didn't mean to make you feel bad. It's not your fault, you know? That we broke up. It was me, I was selfish. I couldn't watch you leave all the time.'' She explained. ''Lizzie, I understand.'' I said.

''But you don't, do you?'' Jay told Lucy that you just stay in your room and don't speak to anyone. That you fake smiles. I didn't mean to do that to you, I honestly didn't.'' My heart sank, what Jay said was true. I only spoke when I had to. The smiles I shot were fake. I missed her too much. The way she laughed, the way she smiled, the way she spoke, but most of all, they way she made me feel, the way I loved her. 

''It doesn't matter, you don't actually care, do you?'' I spat, starting to feel angry. ''Nathan I do care!'' She protested. ''So you haven't moved on then?'' I asked. She stayed silent. ''Lizzie?'' I called. I heard her breathing getting heavier, I could feel she was nervous but about what? I wasn't sure.

''I'm back with Zayn.'' She mumbled. ''What?!'' I shouted. ''I'm back with Zayn.'' She repeated. ''I fucking heard you the first time. I was right, you don't care! In fact, you want me out of the way because you feel too bad for what you caused. Well thanks a lot, you just made it all worse. See you around Lizzie!'' I scolded before hanging up the phone.

I burst into tears, trying to stay quiet so no one heard me cry. Muffled by my pillow, I cried harder. She HAD moved on, she DIDN'T care. My Lizzie. I don't care if I'm only 17, I loved her; I still do.

I'd give anything to have her here, with me. Her holding me, stroking my hair like she always used to. Kissing me softly and making me forget the world and stay in that moment. But I'll never have that again, will I? She loves him, not me.

''Nathan?'' I heard someone calling. ''What?'' I mumbled, rubbing my eyes. ''Hurry up mate, we've got a radio interview.''

They shot out the room whilst I woke up. Eventually, I was fully awake and could get up. I pulled on some jeans and a suitable top. With my beanie siting correctly on my head, I was ready to go.

Silence filled the van. Max would try and lighten up the mood with a joke very once in a while. I stared out of the window but everywhere I looked, I saw couples. ''Does everyone just want me to feel shit?'' I mumbled. ''What Nath?'' Siva asked. ''Nothing.'' I quickly replied.

We arrived at the radio station to be greeted with a few fans. Our first single 'All time low' went straight to number one on the charts, whivh was a very proud moment for us all!

''Here's brand new boy band The Wanted! Congratulations on the number one lads, how was it?'' The radio presenter asked. ''Oh it was amazing! We all cried like babies.'' Max smiled. The presenter laughed. ''So we have a few questions from fans here, would you like to hear them?'' ''Yeah!'' We all said enthusiastically.

 ''Do any of you have girlfriends? Asked Emily from Manchester.'' He said. ''Yeah, we all do!'' Tom said; I shot him evils. ''Apart from Nathan.'' Siva quickly added.

''Oh, that's nice! Nathan, what's your type of girl? Asked Mary from Dublin.'' I saw Siva smile at the mention of Dublin; his home town.

Lizzie's face appeared in my mind. ''My type of girl? Erm, funny, sweet, kind, cute, just a great personality really.'' I said. I basically described Lizzie, my love. ''Any type of looks?'' The presenter added. ''No not really, just as long as they have two eyes, a nose and a mouth, I'm sorted. But I'm not really looking for anyone at the moment as I alrea-'' I was interrupted by Jay nudging me. ''No, not really.'' I mumbled.

The questions were a bit less intimidating after that. And the interview finally finished. 

We arrived home at about 5ish. ''Takeaway boys?'' Tom shouted. ''Yeah.'' We all replied. He knew what to order.

''Look Nathan, I'm really sorry about Lizzie but you've gotta forget her.'' Max said. ''Forget her? It's not that easy Max!'' I spat. ''Nathan, it's not his fault now is it?'' Siva argued. ''I didn't say it was his fucking fault now did I?'' I shouted. ''Mate calm down!'' Jay pleaded. ''No! I won't fucking calm down. If you can't respect that I love her then I'm not going to want to calm down!''

''Well she doesn't fucking love you so get over it will you?!'' Tom screamed at me.

My heart shattered into tiny pieces at what he said. It was true but I didn't want to believe it. I stormed to the hall way and grabbed my jacket. ''Well done, you prat!'' I heard Max say.

I rolled my eyes and stepped out into the pouring rain. At least then, nobody would notice me cry...