Don't let me be the last to know. Part 21-

Lizzie Pov-

I twiddled my thumbs around and around each other in awkwardness. What about us? I thought we were over!

''What about us?'' I asked, not looking up to face him. He sighed, I heard and moved around in his seat a bit. ''I've missed you.'' He finally said. ''Well it has been two years, I've missed you too!'' I smiled.

What I didn't know was why he was suddenly back? We broke up so that he could focus on his career. He didn't speak to me for two years, just like Nathan, so why the hell was he back?! 

''I'm sorry Lizzie. I should have kept contact but I just didn't. I've always loved you, you know? And I was wondering if we could go back to that, how we were.'' Zayn said. My 'O' shaped mouth closed after a while as I looked at his deadly serious face.

Did I love Zayn back? Well obviously I did since we were once together but what was I going to do? Nathan, Zayn, Nathan, Zayn; ugh! I'm sick of this triangle! I love them both but I couldn't decide which one I loved most! 

''Zayn I-'' He cut me off with his lips crashing onto mine. This has got to stop happening! I feel like such a player. The amount of girls that would love for either Nathan or Zayn yet they both seem to like me?

''Lizzie?'' Nathan croaked from behind me somewhere. I turned around to see him. Guilt flooded over me as I watched sadness drown his face. ''I was coming to see if you were okay, Lucy gave me a key but it seems your just fine.'' He snapped before rushing towards the front door. ''Nathan wait!!'' I shouted running after him. ''Just leave me alone!'' He screamed, a tear rolling down his face...

Nathan Pov-

Why does this happen every time? She doesn't see how much she means to me. And because of that  she breaks me.

Every time I see her with him, it tears my heart in two. That doesn't even matter. She told me she loved me, she kissed me; what if she just said that? Maybe she didn' mean it. Two years I waited to see her again, to see her smile, hear her laugh, kiss her soft lips. But all of that doesn't matter; she doesn't care.

I ran away from her, away from the block of flats, away from everyone. The cold air whipped my face, blowing my fringe in the opposite direction to where it should be.

Grumbling to myself, I sat down on a bench. Being happy all the time in front of fans was hard. It got easier because Lizzie returned but now, I wish she hadn't. I only seem to get hurt again.

What was I thinking? I can't love her! I'm famous, I can have anyone I want. 

Tears spilled from my eyes, they wouldn't stop. I felt like such a wimp but I couldn't help it. Lizzie was all I could think about. Every time I was on stage; when I sung in the studio; even when I sung in the shower.

But now, Zayn is welcome to her; I don't care!

Lizzie Pov-

''What's up with him?'' Zayn asked. ''He did a similar thing to what you just did in the hospital.'' I simply replied, not bothering to lie. ''Oh, so who you gonna choose?'' I shot a glare at him. ''Zayn, this isn't a game! I don't 'choose' anyone.'' I snapped in reply to him. ''Sorry, I just didn't know what else to say really. But Lizzie, please know that whatever happens, I love you.'' He said. 

Nothing stopped me and I kissed him. This time, I meant it. Maybe going back to Zayn was a good decision?

I just wished this mess could sort itself out. 

*Sorry this part is bad but the next part should be better:)*