Don't let me be the last to know. Part 28-

Nathan Pov-

''Words travel fast, so you spend all your time in your head. Whats the point in that? Cause words never last, what you say now is not what you said, but I'm okay with that. You're keeping yourself tied up, so you won't let me down, didn't you ever think, just maybe...

I'll understand you, just give the chance to love you more than you'll ever know, even if it means I gotta let you go. With or without me, baby you should be happy, if you're heading down another road, don't you leave me with no where to go, don't let me be the last to know, yeah. Don't let me be the last to know...

You take all I have, still I pour you a half empty glass, whats the point in that? And all I ever ask, is that you tell me when it's not enough, cause if it's real love...

I'll understand you, just give the chance to love you more than you'll ever know, even if it means I gotta let you go. With or without me, baby you should be happy, if you're heading down another road, don't you leave me with no where to go, don't let me be the last to know...

And maybe you'll find what you really wanted, is what you left behind and all your dreams are haunted. Maybe I'll move on or maybe I'll just stay, either way..I hope you'll understand me, if I say we can't be. So if you wanna go, I want you to know...

I'll understand you, just give the chance to love you more than you'll ever know, even if it means I gotta let you go. With or without me, baby you should be happy, if you're heading down another road, don't you leave me with no where to go, don't let me be the last to know, yeah. Don't let me be the last to know, don't let me be the last to know.'' 

The words flowed from my mouth with meaning and I finally reached the end of the song. All the way through the song, flashbacks played in my mind. Seeing Lizzie in school, when she left me and went back to Zayn. When she was beaten and I had no idea. And when she kissed me until I was weak at the knee.

She had a power over me that I could never really understand.

''What was that?'' Lizzie asked, entering my room. ''A song I wrote, it's on the Cd I gave you.'' I explained. ''You mean you wrote that for me?'' She questioned. ''Yeah?'' I replied, feeling puzzled by her tone of voice. ''Nathan I loved you, I always did, do you not understand that?'' She snapped. ''Yes I do Lizzie. This is about how you never told me things. You never told me what Zayn was doing to you until it was too late. You didn't tell me you were with him again, which hurt me. This song is how I felt.'' I said. 

''I didn't tell you because I knew how you'd react. I knew you'd hate me for going back to Zayn. And I knew you'd be over protective if I told you what he was doing!'' Lizzie, I could tell, was annoyed. ''Lizzie, just appreciate it! I wrote many songs about you, that one included. You don't even care, like usual!'' I shouted, getting quite frustrated myself.

''I do fucking appreciate it Nathan, I appreciate every minute I spend with you because of how I feel towards you. I do care, of course I do. Sometimes I don't know what to say.'' She said, lowering her voice. 

''You obviously don't care or you wouldn't have hurt me the way you did. I loved you Lizzie, I always have done but you always chose him. Why did you never choose me?'' My voice was starting to crack with remembering the pain my heart was in.

Lizzie stood closer to me, grabbing my hand. ''Nathan I regret every part of all them decisions. You were what my heart told me to do, but I always chose me head. I never meant to hurt you, honestly. I loved you, never would I want to hurt you.'' Lizzie explained, but I still couldn't buy it. 

''If you loved me, you would have chose me.'' I spat at her, taking my hand away from hers. ''You got famous Nathan, I though you deserved someone better than me.'' She simply replied. ''Whatever.'' I mumbled.

''What is your problem Nathan? I know you were upset but what happened to how you were feeling yesterday?!'' She shouted. ''Maybe what I felt yesterday wasn't real. Just leave me alone Lizzie, I don't want to speak to you.''

''So everything you say isn't true?'' She asked, tears forming in her eyes. I just shrugged at her. ''You know what? You sound like Zayn.'' She cried. ''Maybe I should have just left it, and let him play you. It would have been better that seeing you now.'' I snapped. 

Her hand met my cheek as she slapped me.

And then she left the room. I sat on my bed with my head in my hands.

Why did I have to say such stupid things? Yes, she upset me once. I got over it.

Lizzie was the one person who I ever truly loved.

And now, I may have just lost her...

*A bit of a twist there for you;) If you read it, thanks for reading:) I appreciate it! Please comment and tell me what you think because I love hearing your opinions:-) Lots of love, Lizzie! x*