Don't let me be the last to know. Part 27-

Lizzie Pov-

Pain shot through my every body part. It felt like my guts had been ripped out and then shoved back inside me again. Sickness was in my stomach as well as the constant feeling I was being stabbed. 

Where was I? Zayn left me in the spare room, not here? Somehow, I was back at the flat I shared with Lucy; in my old room. 

The light blinded me, so I squinted to adjust my vision. As I looked around, my surroundings were so familiar. Pictures hung on the walls; my favourite books were stacked on the shelf and even the magazine I was reading before I left was still on the same page.

Wow.

''Lizzie, are you awake?'' Lucy called, her head appearing from behind the door. She gasped when she saw me. ''How are you feeling?'' She asked, sitting next to me on the bed. ''Not my best, I'll admit.'' I chuckled, holding my stomach because it hurt to laugh. ''Oh Lizzie, I hate seeing you like this. I hate what he did to you!'' She started to cry.

Wait, she knew? Who told her? 

''What happened? I wasn't here before.'' I said. She stopped crying and wiped her eyes. ''Nathan came back here and told me what was going on. So we told the other One Direction lads as they didn't know either. Nathan went looking for you whilst Zayn was taken care of by the others. He brought you back here and left you to rest.'' Lucy explained. I nodded, showing her I understood. ''I'll go and get Nathan since your awake, he's been worrying out of his mind!''

And so she left the room.

I stood up from where I was lay, even though I felt so weak.

Standing in front of the wall length mirror, I studied the damage Zayn had caused me. My face was cut on my lips and fore head, and I had bruises on my cheeks. My arms had purple marks from where he had grabbed me. Exposing my stomach, I lifted up my t-shirt. In horror, I gasped. Purple, swollen marks filled my bare skin, it all looked so fragile. Like if I touched it, I'd collapse. I turned around to check my back, which was also full of bruising.

Why did he do this to me? As I faced forward again, I started to cry. I looked horrible. Any signs of natural beauty had gone.

My confidence was shattered all because of Zayn. 

''Don't worry, you'll always be beautiful to me.'' Nathan's voice spoke. I let myself fall into his arms as my tears flowed uncontollably. He held me close to his body for a while, just rocking us gently.

Tears must have been staining his shirt. ''Shh, it's okay, nobody can hurt you now.'' He whispered softly in my ear. 

''Thank you Nathan.'' I said, breaking away from him. ''For what?'' He asked. ''For helping me get away from him, I owe you so much!'' I explained.

Nathan moved a piece of hair from my face and tucked it behind my ear. ''You give me everything Lizzie, you owe me nothing.'' His lips touched mine. He held both my hands and kissed me gently, obviously trying his best not to hurt me. 

''I am so sorry.'' He exclaimed, after letting me go. ''You haven't done anything?'' I questioned, raising a single eye-brow. ''I left you alone in all of this. I should have never left your side and I'm truly sorry!'' It sounded as if he was pleading for forgiveness when he hadn't done anything wrong in the first place! ''Nathan, you saved me and I will always thank you for that. Don't ever say you left me alone, because you have been the best friend I could have ever asked for! I love you.'' I replied to him. He beamed at me. ''I love you too.'' He softly said.

It looked like my life was regaining that happiness again...

*Sorry this part is also short but I promise my next part will be longer! Thank you to those who are reading and to those who comment. I really appreciate it:-) Love you guys! x*