Don't let me be the last to know. Part 8-

Lizzie Pov-

''Who's that?'' I thought to myself as I went to answer the door. 

Last night Lucy was drunk so apparently she didn't mean anything, which I found very strange. Nathan tried to, let's just say 'get me in his bed.'

So I slapped him and walked away.

''Nathan?'' I asked. I stood aside to let him in. ''Look, I'm really sorry-'' He started. ''No don't Nathan, it doesn't matter..Did you want me for something?'' I changed the topic.

''Erm yeah, I need to tell you something since Lucy didn't feel she could tell you.'' He stated. ''Tell me what?'' I questioned.

He took a deep breath before talking again. ''Zayn's cheating on you again. At the party we had, Lucy caught him and Ella but he threatened her that if she told you, she'd get hurt.''

My heart pounded faster and faster and I started to feel dizzy. Not again, he couldn't do this to me again!

Nathan caught me as I tripped. He kept me in his arms, rocking us both side to side. I wasn't even crying, I just felt angry and hurt. Angry with myself for forgiving him when I knew he'd do it again. I suppose I always knew it would happen again, I just hoped it wouldn't.

''I'm sorry.'' I whispered. ''You have nothing to be sorry for, you loved him, I understand.'' He replied.

I broke away from him. ''Does this mean I have to pretend everything's okay?'' I asked. He looked to the floor. ''He will hurt Lucy, is that what you want?!'' I glared at Nathan. ''I know him, he wouldn't.'' I tried to make Nathan see that Zayn wasn't that bad, I could not pretend everything was okay! ''Please Lizzie, just don't tell him.'' He pleaded. ''Fine.'' I mumbled.

Nathan stayed for about 10 minutes before leaving again. I sat alone watching the tele. It seems like I'm losing everyone. Zayn, Lucy and Nathan. Lucy's my best friend, but now, she's mad at me, she's scared that I'll tell Zayn so she probably won't speak to me. Nathan's upset that I got back with Zayn in the first place.

Everything I have, I fuck up; it's how my life works.

*

'Lucy, I'm sorry about everything. I'm sorry for getting back with Zayn because it seemed to upset you? I'm sorry that I upset Nathan but I honestly didn't know he liked me that much. And I'm sorry about what you saw Zayn do. I won't tell him that you told me or whatever, so don't worry, I guess I'll find another way to break up with him. Sorry again, Lizzie. X' 

I sent that text just as I arrived at school. I didn't know where Lucy and Jay where, I guess they were avoiding me, I don't really blame them to be honest.

''Hey.'' Lucy said from behind me. I turned around and smiled at her. ''I got your text, I'm not mad at you. Your my best friend, I love you!'' I laughed and hugged her. ''Sorry we didn't get the bus, Jay left his books at home.'' I laughed again but at Jay.

We all walked together to where our group was. I saw Zayn and felt sick that I couldn't tell him what I knew he'd done. ''Hey beautiful.'' Nathan whispered in my ear. I blushed and smiled at him.

Oh God, not my Nathan phase again.

Zayn pulled me into a hug and when he released me, his lips crashed to mine. ''You okay?'' He asked. I nodded and took his hand to walk to form.

I took my place next to Nathan. He hugged me tightly and quickly before Zayn could complain. ''Sorry if I sounded harsh the other day.'' Nathan mumbled. ''It's fine, I understand.'' I replied. He smiled, raising an eye-brow seductively. He was so perfect, I couldn't stop myself thinking that.

''SCIENCE!'' Tom shouted running up to us with Niamh. Zayn wasn't in this lesson, only me, Nathan, Tom, Niamh, Jay and Lucy. And again, I sat next to Nathan.

Great, his charms are back.

His hand brushed mine and that very spot that he touched, tingled inside. My cheeks were burning from how I was feeling. His eyes watched me as I tried to concentrate on my work, but it was no use, I couldn't. He licked his lips slightly from what I could see at the corner of my eye.

Any lesson but this would have made it less awkward. The science department have brought in some experts from clinics to teach us all about safe sex. Not just this lesson, but for the whole day!

''So here's one for all of you to keep, just so you stay safe!'' The teacher said, walking around class handing out condoms. I cringed at the thought of it all. ''This could come in useful.'' Nathan winked at me. My heart pounded against my chest considering I wanted him that way.

As soon as the bell rung, I shoved my book in my bag so I could leave quickly for break. ''Wait, Lizzie!'' Someone called. Nathan appeared, as I expected. ''Where are you going? Are you not meeting the others?'' He questioned. ''No, I'm going to the library for a bit.'' I replied. ''Oh, I'll come with you.'' He announced. I smiled at him and we carried on walking there.

''Why did you come here?'' He asked. ''I needed space to think; it's quiet here.'' I replied to him. ''Can I tell you something?'' ''Yeah?'' He took a deep breath and looked at me, staring into my eyes. 

''I like you, I still really like you Lizzie. I can't help it.'' He said. I was shocked. I knew he did but I thought it had worn off a bit. ''I do too Nath.'' I replied.

I wasn't supposed to say it, but I did. He grabbed my arm and pulled me down an aisle of books where no-body was. He moved some hair from my face and tucked it behind my ear. Within a matter of seconds, his lips met mine. They fitted perfectly together, moving directly in time. His fore head against mine, he looked into my eyes.

''What should we do?'' I asked. ''It could be our secret?'' He suggested. I debated in my head but agreed in the end.

I kissed him again before we headed back to science.