The Malfoy's New Year's Eve Ball (Chapter 24)

I own Nevaeh Lynch and partly Leah Gray, the Gray family belong to leahjanex and the rest belong to the brilliant J.K.Rowling

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"George hurry up" I yelled as we neared the gates of Malfoy manor. It was New Year’s Eve and snow was still falling thickly on the ground around me, which only made me pull my coat closer to my body.

"I'm coming, it's this stupid bow tie I can never work them" George said walking up beside me. I turned to face him and sighed. He black suit fitted him smartly and showed off his scarlet waist band perfectly.

"honestly I don't know why you didn't go for the plain red shirt it would have been much easier than wearing that waistband and this bow tie that you can't seem to do" I stated as I too began to fix the bow tie but failed each time.

"Because...I am not...looking like....an idiot...in front of....all those...people" I groaned, for some reason the bow tie didn't want to play and I was not having it. I pulled the bow tie off of George's neck and chucked it away as George only gaped at me in shock.

"What oh come on I could see it was annoying you and beside you look better like that"

"See this is why you are my girlfriend" George said before he wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer to him.

"Come on we better hurry, I told Leah I would meet her at 9 and it already 10 past 9"

As we walked towards the big iron gates that normally shut Malfoy manor off to the outside world, I was quite surprised to see the gates wide open allowing people to walk right through. I tugged on George's hand for him to keep up as we walked on the now gravelled path, eyeing up the dark manor. As we knocked on the door I huddled closer to George trying to keep warm. The door creaked open revealing a well-built tall man. The man looked no older than 30 and had dark brown eyes that glared down upon me.

"Invitation" he asked gruffly, I searched through my small scarlet red bag and pulled out a sliver piece of paper that was the invitation. The man grabbed the invitation and examined it thoroughly before he looked back up at me.

"Nevaeh Lynch?" I nodded my head before he handed me back the invitation and stepped aside allowing me and George to enter the great Malfoy manor.

"Wow" I breathed. The place looked amazing, the crystal chandelier that hung up above me was decorated with red ribbons and holly whilst the stone made walls were covered with pictures all greeting each other happily and commenting on the spectacular green ribbon that hung from each portrait to the next.

"Finally, she arrives" I heard Leah shout, she waltzed into the front room, hands on hip, looking annoyed.

"Sorry Leah, George was taking forever"

"I was not!" George protested. Leah only shrugged him off before she engulfed me into a hug.

"well the party's in full swing now so you should be ok, oh and if you get any looks just shrug them off or give one back like I do" we both nodded our heads whilst Leah suddenly began to look around like she was looking for someone in particular.

"Oh that silly elf, Wompy" suddenly a small curled over house elf appeared. The elf was dressed in a small dirty pillow case that fitted just like a long dress.

"Oh there you are Wompy would you be so kind as to take these coats" Leah gestured to me and George which only indicated that we had to take our coats off.

"Yes Miss Gray" Wompy replied as the small elf bowed quickly to Leah before collecting mine and George's coat and leaving the room.

"Wompy?" George asked which made Leah nod her head.