DA meeting (Chapter 21)

I only own Nevaeh Lynch and partly Leah Gray the rest belong to J.K.Rowling :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Nevaeh raise you wand a bit more" I heard Harry say next to me as I nodded my head. The DA meeting were now official and we were practising almost every Friday night and Sunday morning. We had all agreed for the meetings to be held in the Room of Requirement since Neville had found it and it could fit us all in without squashing us in the process.

"Expelliarmus" I shouted making Hermione’s wand fly out of her grip. Hermione looked at me stunned as I smiled proudly.

"Fantastic vay" Leah said as she walked past me eyeing up the situation. I smiled at her before returning my gaze back to Hermione who had now picked her wand up and looked ready to attack. Behind Hermione I could see Neville looking and sighing at me. For a couple of months now Neville had been trying to conjure up the expelliarmus spell too but he continually kept failing making him get angry at himself.

"Be back in a sec" I said to Hermione as she nodded and began to practice her stance. I walked over to Neville who was now sat on the floor swishing his wand about.

"Hey Neville" I said making Neville look up at me shocked. He relaxed when he realised it was me and carried on swishing his wand about.

"Hey Nevaeh" he said simply as I sat down next to him and placed my wand out in front of me.

"Don’t be too hard on yourself. It takes time before a spell can be used for its full potential by the person creating the spell, so just think of this stage as the beginning of the spell and soon it will develop into the fully and you can use it" I said smiling as Neville turned to look at me unsure of whether he should believe my speech or not.

"Thanks vay but saying it like that only makes me feel worse. I know I can't do it so I don't even know I'm here anymore" Neville said as I shook my head at him.

"Neville your here for a reason, your here to defend yourself against the most darkest wizard ever. Just think when he next strikes we will be ready for him why, because we are being taught how to defend ourselves" I said as a small smile crept onto Neville's face.

"Thanks vay" Neville said as I smiled.

"No problem oh I think Harry wants a word with everyone we best go" I said as student were slowly moving towards Harry who was standing by the fireplace. I picked up my wand and stood up and made my way over to where George and Leah was and stood in-between them.

"Ok everyone I would like to show you a new spell that has probably saved my life a lot. Now could you please separate and go to two different sides of this duelling area I have mapped out for this demonstration" Harry said as the group slowly split and created two opposite rows. As we waited for Harry to set up I slowly felt George's hand intertwine with mine making me smile and shuffle myself closer to him.

"Now stunning is one of the most useful spells in your arsenal. It a wizard's bread and butter really. Could I have a volunteer?" Harry asked as everybody froze and looked around waiting for someone to raise their hand.

"Leah how about you come up and help me?" he asked as I looked over at Leah to see her face was as cold as ice as she glared at Harry.

"Please, Harry if I help you, you would be on the floor paralysed. I think you should ask someone else" Leah said making Harry gulp nervously and nod his head quickly.

"Ok....um Nigel how about you?" Nigel stepped forward slowly and slowly made his way towards the fireplace before turning back round to face Harry.