The Yule Ball (Chapter 5)

I do not own any of the following characters I portray except Nevaeh Lynch, Ambre Blanc, Leah and Ruben Gray.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I sat in potions I looked up at the clock 3:30 it read. I groaned in frustration ‘why is it one of those days’ I thought to myself as I placed my head on the desk.

“You alright vay?” Fred asked me. I tilted my head to side facing him.

“No Im bored fred I wanna do something” I said as I lifted my head to write down what Snape has put on the blackboard. We were learning about the Amortentia potion and as I wrote it down   I began to drift off and think about the Yule ball. It was only a couple of days away and I still hadn’t found a dress and to top it off the guy I wanted to ask me to the Yule ball still hasn’t asked me. As I was dreaming I didn’t notice Fred trying to get my attention until he smacked me with his book.

“Awwwww!” I shouted making Snape and the rest of the class look at me. I smiled weakly.

“Wacked my funny bone” I said then turning my head to look at Fred angrily.

“What was that for?” I said clutching my arm.

“Well you weren’t listening to me” he said.

“Right well I’m listening now what do you want?”

“I’m thinking about asking Angelina to the Yule ball but I dunno I mean she’ll probably say no” Fred said bowing his head. I looked at him in shock how could he not see that Angelina had a massive crush on him.

“Are you joking me have you never looked at her face when you walk into a room. She starts blushing and that before you smile at her. Ask her it’s likely she’ll say no” I said making him beam with happiness. I then turned to look at George chatting with Katie and sighed.

“Don’t worry he will ask you he told me” Fred said making me turn to look at him and blush.

“When?” I asked. I already had 5 guys ask me to the ball in the past week but I turned them all down. Fred looked at me.

“Soon I promise he didn’t say when but I know George and he wouldn’t leave it till the last minute” he said smiling.

“Well he better ask soon or at this rate I might as well go with Nigel” I said. Fred laughed at my comment.  

Then the bell went we all stood up and made our way out of the classroom. As I made my way out I noticed Leah standing next to the door waiting for me.

“Chop chop vay we gotta get these dresses” Leah said grabbing my arm and pulling me away from the door.

“Wait vay…” George shouted making Leah stop and look at me. She winked and walked off slowly to look at some painting whilst George ran up to me.

“Yes” I said eagerly staring into his eyes. George looked at me and started to move his feet. ‘He going to ask me’ I thought as I stood there and smiled.

“Well you see…..um I was wondering if you…….. Could get me some chocolate frogs from Honeydukes” George said. I stopped smiling but nodded my head as I looked over at Leah. Leah glared at George and I quickly ran over to her and pulled her along down out of the entrance and onto the path to Hogsmeade.

“I can’t believe he didn’t ask you” Leah huffed as she kicked the snow off her shoe. I sighed. As I looked around I saw people going and to and fro to Hogsmeade all carrying at least a bag with them.