Birthday (Chapter 26)

The days between my birthday seemed to dissolve into one and before I knew it the dreaded day had arrived. I know I'm being over-dramatic but to be honest I'm just not feeling my birthday this year.

I was in my bed all nice and warm when suddenly I felt someone pounce onto my bed and shout loudly in my ear.

"Nevaeh will you get up already, everybody is waiting for you downstairs" it was Leah. Protesting as usual, she bounced on my bed roughly as I could feel myself become more awake.

I grumbled and arose from my bed looking annoyed. Leah shrugged her shoulders and smiled before she jumped off my bed and handed me something.

"Leah..."

"Look I know you said you didn't want the whole present thing, but I got you one anyway so shut up and just open it" my mouth stayed closed as I nodded my head and began to unwrap the present.

As I pulled the black wrapping paper apart, I could see a red leather cover with the words 'Romeo and Juliet' sprawled across the middle in fancy script like writing. I looked at Leah quizzically; she grumbled and shook her head.

"What's the problem now?"

"nothing I was just wondering, why do I have a copy of Romeo and Juliet when I don't even know the book"

"because Nevaeh this book is by the far the greatest muggle love story I have ever read and I need someone else to talk about it with"

"Thanks Leah" I said. I embraced Leah into a hug before I let her go so I could get up.

I stood up and looked at my surroundings, the morning Saturday sun shone into the room highlighting the gold and black Hufflepuff banners that still looked their same old vintage self. My side of the room looked exactly how I left it; organised, my books were placed in a neat pile on top of the other and my trunk was still at the bottom of my bed just waiting to be opened. I know what you're thinking, shock horror Nevaeh is back in her Hufflepuff common room without George, but the truth is recently the boys have begun to act very.... Strange I guess you could say.

I know it hard to believe, considering they are strange most of the time anyway, but for some reason the boys have been very secretive and I'm not sure whether it is a good thing or not. They have been like this for a couple of weeks now and don't get me wrong I'm not annoyed by it, but there are days where I would like to sit with George and not have him whisper every 10 seconds to Fred about something I don't even know, so for the good of our relationship, and an actual goodnight sleep, I have decided to move back to my old Hufflepuff room and strangely Leah has been staying in here more than usual which only worries me so.

"So any word off Draco?" I asked walking gracefully across the wooden floorboards towards the bathroom. For a couple of weeks now, Draco and Leah hadn't really spoke a lot which, to be honest is worrying considering Leah could probably ruin Draco's reputation, and that is forgetting the fact that she is head girl.

"Actually he said he wants to see me later on" Leah boasted happily, I rolled my eyes and smiled.

"Well, I'm glad you are in a good mood" Leah smiled and I turned and walked into the bathroom.

Once I was finished I looked at myself in the mirror, my hair was slightly wavy from how I slept last night and my blue eyes looked more awake than ever. I must have slept good last night I thought as I washed my face with the clear cold water, hydrating myself.

I walked back into the room and began to get changed just as Leah went into the bathroom, humming a light tune to herself.

I put my underwear on and changed into a pair of denim jeans and a stripy purple and cream long sleeved top. Just as I put my socks on Leah returned out of the bathroom fully clothed in a pair of dark skinny denim jeans and a plain navy blue top with the word 'rock' sprawled diagonally across it.