Surprise (Chapter 25)

I own the following character Nevaeh Lynch and partly Leah Gray

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Im telling you Vay you need to forget divination. It's a waste of time, I mean 'use your inner eye to see things' who does that?" Jane stated.

"I know but it was the only subject where I could actually get above an A" I said, reminding myself of the all times I lied to Trelawney in my exam and homework she set.

"And besides I didnt really have a choice considering Leah kind of told professor Mcgongall that i was taking that lesson with her." Jane 'oh' at my comment and we continued to casually walk through the courtyard towards the great hall.

The sun was shining high in the sky illuminating the full blossom of spring. It was the middle of April and already people were beginning to stress about the upcoming O.W.L.S and N.E.W.T.S.

As we walked into the great hall, people were all sat enjoying their lunches. At the top of the hall stood Filch and the inquisitorial squad Umbridge had created, to enforce the ban on student clubs, watching carefully waiting for one of the students to mess up so they could deduct points from their house.

I rolled my eyes and continued walking towards the Hufflepuff table where Leah and Ashley were sat. Both girls were avoiding all eye contact from each other which made me chuckle slightly. Me and Jane sat down opposite and tucked into our lunch of sandwiches and various other things, whilst a conversation began to brew between us all.

As we spoke Fred, George and Lee soon turned up and so invited themselves into our conversation giving their, so called, views on the topic of muggle love stories. How we got onto this subject i will never know.

"My all-time favourite muggle book I used to read was 'My Life'. It was so sweet the way the guy poured out his emotions to this girl, who would not reciprocate them back since she was dying of a terminal illness,  and she didn't want to hurt his feelings" Jane said sighing romantically at the end.

"So what kind of things did he do?" Ashley asked quizzically, before she took a bite of her pizza. Jane thought for a bit before her face brightened up into a smile.

"Well one time it was the girl's birthday and the guy bought about 500 roses for her. But instead of giving them her, he dropped them along the floor to create a trail from her house towards her favourite place, which was a lake close to her house, and when she arrived  she saw him standing there..."

"..Big deal anyone could do that" Lee said cutting Jane's story short. Jane glared viciously at Lee.

"I wasn't finished" she seethed through clenched teeth. Lee gulped, he smiled awkwardly before he asked her to continue.

"Anyway.... so he was there, but he was standing on a boat. So the girl got on and as they floated away from the bank the guy pulled out a small black velvet box... And then.... He proposed to her"

"So what your trying to say is, i could propose to Vay right now and that would be romantic" we all looked at George, his face showed no emotion as he shrugged. Looking around the hall you could tell this was not the most romantic place in the world. People were talking loudly and bustling past every now and then and not to forget Draco and his little gang who, i might add, were watching our every move.