You Put Me At Ease

Everything I've wanted since I was a little girl was to hear my mum sing. I wanted a voice like hers, to be someone someday. She was everything to me, always knew what to say when I was upset but the one thing I loved most......was hearing her sing. Her voice was angelic, soft, gentle yet powerful, she sang with passion, love and pure talent. She inspired me to want to become a singer. I am who I am because of my mum she taught me to be kind, caring and loving but to stand up for myself when needed. Everything Mum did was in the best interest of my well being, she inspired me to want to become a singer. She made me better, but most importantly she believed in me when no one else did. I've sung in the past but I've become very shy. I have a good voice but no one knows about it, I'm afraid of hearing "Your not good enough."

Mum died 6 months ago in a car accident caused by a drunk driver, I was in the car, the front seat . That was a difficult year for me not only losing my Mum but as I was going through my last year of school it was a time when I needed her most. It all happened early in the year she ended up being in a coma for six months due to severe trauma to the head and many broken bones. And me a broken arm, a gash on the side of my face and the never ending nightmare of it replaying in my head.

Hearing the doctors say "she's gone." All I remember is falling to my knees in disbelief, shock, sadness, I wanted to scream in pain but I couldn't let it out.

Those two words haunt me a reminder she's not here, two words that changed everything. I had to move in with my dad who lived in LA after he divorced my mum two years before this and remarried his new wife Angelia and now has a baby on the way. Which they decided to move half way around the world meaning I had to move and leave my life in Sydney behind me and start a new one in L.A. All my friends, the house I grew up in, every place or anything that meant something to me. Everything I had was now gone but the one thing that I got to keep was........

The gift of my voice.

I walk down stairs to see my Dad and Angelia sitting in the kitchen.

"Morning sweet pea."

"Don't call me that John."

"Your father to you, not John."

"You haven't been my father for two years when you left!."

"We both decided it was best if we separated."

" Mum divorced you because you cheated!."

"Darling it's okay we've moved past this, sit down and have a nice breakfast as a family."

" we're not a family, I'm only here because I have to be." I say storming out.

"BELLA GET BACK DOWN HERE AND APOLOGISE!!"

I know I'm being harsh but honestly I could care less, I act this way not to be a spoiled brat but because I'm mad for what he's done. He cheated on my Mum with Angelia. I caught him trying to seek Angelia out the back door when I came home from school, they moved to L.A to get as far away from there mistake and the mess they made. I despise my father, I hate Angelia. I end up walking down random streets, making myself end up at a park. I sit on a swing and just swing back and forth lightly humming to myself.

"Your good."

"Not really but thank you "I say shly you see I never sing in front of people, it scares me and I'm afraid I won't do my mum justice if I do. Every time I touch an instrument or sing a full song I fall apart, I start shaking and have a panic attack. The only people I stick up to are my dad and Angelia.

"Are you alright " he walks up to me

"Yeah "

"I'm Jack, Jack Avery " he extends his hand out to shake it.

"Aren't you from that boy band, Why Don't we?"

"I am are you a fan girl if so please don't shout it out " he says nervously. I look into his big brown eyes and he looks into my blue ones making me melt.

"I wouldn't say I'm a fan girl I like your music " I shrug.

I look up at his hair and it's a bunch of brown and blonde curls , which makes me laugh cause it kinda looks like noddles.

"Are you laughing at me ?"

"No sorry it's nothing " I look down to him.

"You look down a lot "

I don't say anything I've kinda just gotten lost in his eyes, I've only just meet Jack but he puts me at ease, I'm not my normal shy self as much as I am with others.

"I'm normally shy "

"You don't seem shy to me " he sits in the swing next to me.

"I don't know you seem to put me at ease "

"What do you like to do"

"Read, listen to music"

"Sing?"

"I did and I was Musically talented at one point, that makes me sound up myself doesn't it?"

"No but what do you mean was"

Five minutes with him and I'm opening up to him more then the one friend I have. She's going to kill me if she found out.

"My Mum died in a car accident, I was sitting in the front with her and I keep thinking it should have been me not her. she was a singer also , I got it from her, but when I sing or play any instrument, I freeze and I shake, and my anxiety kicks in. I can't sing a full song, not even a chorus or play a single chord. I'm scared I won't do her justice, I don't want to let her down"

"Wow "

"I better be going " I get up and as I'm about to walk away his hand stops me.

"Can I get your number, we could hang out sometime, you can meet the boys " he smiles at me.

I put my number in his phone and he puts his in mine and I go back home. Smiling to myself, I don't know what's happening to me, since I've been here I've been angry and sad but meeting Jack I feel as if I have a freash start, a much happier start.

Hey guys hope you liked the first chapter, thank you for picking it to read means a lot that people actually want to read it. Please leave comments and vote, if you have any suggestions, message me or comment cause I'm open to any suggestions to make the story better. Also if you've heard there new Ep I died when I heard it, it's so good ❤️. So I would also like to apologise if there's any spelling errors or incorrect use of punctuation that I missed cause I tend to do that so my apologies. So that's all from me

Bye for now