"What the fuck are you talking about Safewords for, Schatz?!"

"And so much for having a reasonable discussion as adults," Lory sighed as she flopped back onto the floor believing that Sang was not going to pick a word tonight.

"She was telling Sang to pick one since a lot of their training will be Psychological and then when she was explaining why hers was 'Simon' and --"

"AND WHY THE HELL DO YOU HAVE ONE!?!?!?" North exploded interrupting Luke and looking as though he was about to burst a vessel.

"Why is yell your default setting?" Lory said wearily as she propped herself up on her elbows.

"He's excitable." Luke explained.

"He also derailed an important conversation. One that Sang and I need to have. She needs the security of having that word before we move on." Lory gave North a scowl and was about to start yelling back.

"Mother," came Sang's whisper. Causing Lory to snap her jaw shut and look at Sang even as North ground his teeth in frustrated rage.

"Okay," was all Lory said. 

The boys had tortured looks on their faces but Lory just filed it into her brain and moved on without visible reaction or comment. Inside, it twisted her heart as much as it bothered the boys, but she understood Sang needed Lory to treat her as completely normal. She needed the safe word until she was ready to not have it.  And there would be times that she would need to put that aside and acknowledge the scars they both carried when it got to be too much. Lory's neutral acceptance of the word Sang chose was what she needed then. That and a cuddle from Luke. Lory wasn't really equipped to provide that.

Jessica had wandered off to her room to read a new book a little while ago since the boys were being too loud. Owen was lounging (ha! no, he wasn't really, but it was lounging for him) in a chair as he watched the team interact. The boys were playing video games as Sang and Luke cuddle on the sofa.

"I am not looking forward to Monday," Lory groans.

"Get ready for your space to be invaded by the boys. Especially if the rumors about you and Gabe start circling like you expect," Sang grins. She was trying hard to get into the spirit of having a girlfriend. Lory never made her feel wrong for her reactions, something Sang truly appreciated. She just accepted them as part of Sang and rolled with it.

"I don't need them in my space. I'll be fine. Besides, I think they'll worry more about you. I started a rumor about you, too, remember?"

"Wait, what!?"

"Well, Yeah," Lory said with a frown of confusion. "Why did you think I was so insistent on her meeting Silas in the storeroom? I'm trying to get rumors about her sneaking off with Si for a bit, not paint her as easy. That won't take any of the attention off of her."

"I'm still thinking Lory would be the bigger target Monday. We'll have to make sure she has coverage," Kota said as he continues to race the others. He totally ignored her declaration of competence in self-defense.

"I know you aren't deaf. I literally just said you don't."

"We do, Schatz, we really really do. Even knowing she's Si's girlfriend all the shitheads at that school are out to get a piece of Sang Baby." North growled frustration and disgust clear on his face.

"Seriously?" Lory huffed at their dismissal. Owen was just watching with the twitch at his mouth he called a smile while waiting for whatever happened next. "I can take any one of you in the best 3 out of 5."

"Doubt that, short stuff" Nate said absently.

"Oh really? Why do you say that?" She challenged back. Best to nip this foolishness in the bud.