{21} War

I slammed the door close, pouting as I stuffed more ice cream, only for my spoon to hit the bottom. I gaped, turning it over. "It's empty?" I groaned, my shoulders shaking as I pouted. "No! Everything is wrong! No ice cream, no Roman, no fights, no more she warrior. This sucks!" I slumped against the door as I tossed the empty ice cream and spoon on the floor.

I touched my stomach, an ache throbbing in my lower abdomen. I groaned, dragging myself toward the bathroom. That's for eating junk food.

I opened the door as I got out of the bathroom, making my way toward my bed. I slumped on the bed and was knocked out until sundown.

My phone ringing furiously on the nightstand made me wake up from my groggy state, stretching with a yawn. I reached for the phone and went to answer it but the call ended. Six missed calls? Roman. I groaned, he's going to rap in my head now. I called him back but he didn't answer, I frowned, dialing his number again.

"This number....." I hung up, is he paying me back because I didn't answer? I jumped, crashing sounds and screams filled my ears. What the hell? My door barged open as I sat up. "Who the hell are you?"

"Your worst nightmare." I screamed when he attacked me, moving away as he crashed on the bed. I let my wolf take over, growling fiercely like a wolf protecting her pups, she attacked him,  I didn't need to shift for her to control my body, pregnant I couldn't, so all I could do was giving her control.

If we were under attack, I needed her with me. He threw himself at me and we both felt down, his body hovering above me. He choked me, my hands on his forearms as I struggled, using my training skills, I turned him over and snapped his neck.

I sighed, breathing heavily as I regain my breathing. I pushed my body up with a cough, rubbing my neck as I made my way toward the door carefully. My ears perked up, my body turning around as I got out of the door, snapping the neck of the intruder. We're under attack, children to the save house with the older ones. Rousey, you too. Don't fight me on this, Roman is on his way. Maintain the calm, we have warriors already taking care of some of the rogues. Stay in the save house and be careful.

You know I won't Dwayne, warriors are gone, we only have a few and some who are training. I'll take care of myself, don't worry. I shut him off as I made my way toward the stairs, gasping when someone attacked me, my body stumbling back as my back touched the railing. "I'll be winning an amazing award tonight for catching the Luna."

"Not on my watch bitch." I kneeled him in the balls and took advantage of his state to yank him over the railing, watching as his body collapsed against the floor, blood pouring down on the floor from underneath him.

"You killed him." I screamed when my hair was yanked back, "You kill my mate you bitch." Wrong move bitch. I knocked her with my head and turned around, swinging with my fist. She stumbled to the side and I grabbed her hair, raising my knee up as I slammed her face with it repeatedly.

She pushed me off and I stumbled back, holding my body as she attacked me. "Not today." I snapped her neck before she could put her hands on me and threw her down the stairs. I skipped down the stairs and moved away from her body as I headed toward the door.

Mom? Mom! I shouted in my head, the pack house was silence and empty, well except from the dead bodies. Rousey! Oh thank God. Where are you? I helped with the children, are you okay? Are you coming? My mother asked me worried, No mom, I'll help as much as I can first. I'm the Luna, the pack is my responsibility, I can't hide while they're attacking us. That's not me, and you know it.

Take care I walked out of the silence and trashed pack house, the territory filled with bodies and people fighting. What the hell is this? I ducked down when a wolf attacked me, growling and snarling he threw himself at me, my body leaning down as my nails grew, slashing his stomach.

"No!" I shouted as a rogue injured one of us, going to help him. I kicked him aside, punching him in the face repeatedly before snapping his neck. "Are you okay?" I stood up as I walked toward him, leaning down. "Take your shirt off." I grabbed his shirt and used it as a bandage around his shoulder and ribcage.

I glanced up, watching as more wolves got injured but were still fighting. I need help with the injured wolves, someone from the hospital can help me? I want to save as many as I can. Now! Act now! Roman is not here, our pack needs us, anyone that can fight or want to fight, we need you all.

"Try not to get killed." I leaned up and went to help, fighting less and helped the injured wolves. If I can't fight, it's the least that I can do. I need some caretakers now. I helped some of our fallen pack members, ripping some of their clothes to use as bandage as I stopped the bleeding.

Two pack members were too injured to be saved and with pain in my heart I let them go. "Luna, we took as much as we could to the hospital." One of the caretakers said as I finished wrapping the bandage around the pack member's head.

I glanced up at her as I helped the wolf up, "I don't care what you do, make space, put sheets on the fucking floor, make a hospital in the damn garden for all I care but everyone on this ground bleeding out needs to be helped or the deaths will be on your shoulders."

Rousey, we tried to held back the rogues but some escaped us, be careful. Dwayne's voice filled my ears and I turned around, "Go, rogues are coming." I barked out at the caretaker and turned my head in the direction of the woods as my ears sharpened.

"Listen up boys, we're a team. We don't have the Alpha but we still can do this. Stay alert. Try not to get yourself killed. We have families to return to, with that in mind, fight with everything you have inside and let's finish this." The wolves shifted and I closed my eyes, letting my wolf take over.

The rogues appeared one after another, the wolves attacking them as their bodies collided with each other, rolling around as they slashed their claws around, growling and snarling. A wolf jumped in front of me, baring his teeth at me as he circled me threateningly. I stay alert, I didn't let him intimidate me and just focused. 

I perked my ears and when he attacked me, I slid underneath him, jumping back up as I toyed with him. He growled, charging toward me and I jumped on him, my arms squeezing him until his bones popped and he whimpered before going numb.

I stood up, gasping loudly when a wolf barged into me, my body dragged on the ground as the wolf snarled down on me. I used my legs to push him away as he jabbed his teeth in my face. "You're starting to piss me off." I gritted out, removing my hands in a quick movement to snap his neck, tossing him aside. I pushed myself up, gasping as I touched my stomach.

I gaped speechless and breathless, closing my eyes as I took deep breaths. I blinked my eyes open, black dots blinding my vision. "Luna are you okay?" A pack mate asked me as he jogged toward me.

"Yes I'm fine." I told the pack mate who looked at me concerned. "Is everyone okay?" I asked him instead, changing the topic. Rousey, more rogues are coming. I know you're injured, listen to me and go hide with the others, Roman is coming.

Dwayne, I won't leave if more rogues are coming. We need to do something now. They're getting closer to the pack. I think we need to make a barrier close to yours. We can't let them destroy the pack houses.

Rousey, do as I fucking say! Roman will have my head if something happens to you or the baby. We can handle this.

More action and less talking Dwayne. I shut him off and turned to look at the rest of the pack members. "There are rogues coming our way, we'll move closer to the others, make a barrier and finish them once and for all. We can't let them get to the save house."

We ran with the pack members and formed a barrier as we waited for the rogues, "Stay in position, remember. No matter what happens, don't let them get toward our families." Some of them shifted while the others stayed in human form. I perked my ears, silence. Rousey, get out of there now! This time, it was Roman's voice. 

Too late Roman. We stood in attack mode, the moment we saw their shadows we broke into a run, the ones in wolf form jumping in the air as their bodies met the opponents, crashing down the ground as they jabbed their teeth at each other, growling and snarling.

The ones in human form channeled their wolf, using their treats to fight the rogues, sliding, jumping, claw slashing, neck ripping. They all moved so quickly, they were brutal, Roman being here actually giving them a boost of self esteem.

We got this.