fourty five

This second paragraph mentions violence, but it is not described very much. I still wanted to warn you, though.

The humming of Princes car calmed Anxiety down slightly. He was nervous about where Prince was taking him before he was blindfolded, but now it was worse.

He hated when he double thought things like this- it was just a date and even if his mind told him that Prince was probably taking him to a dark alley to beat him up, Anxiety refused to believe it.

Prince wouldn't do that, even if he did hate Anxiety.

Anxiety could hear Prince tapping his fingers on the steering wheel and him humming as he sat back in his seat. If Anxiety wasn't mistaken, he was humming Beauty and the Beast. Anxiety focussed his hearing on the humming as he attempted to calm down.

"How much longer, Prince?" Anxiety asked.

"Just a couple minutes! I'm hoping you'll enjoy this date!" Prince said, sounding excited.

"This tie smells like Morality and I really want it off my face, so please hurry up," Anxiety pleaded.

"Oh god, why did you need to say that?"

"Listen, you're not the one with the tie on you face."

"Okay, just three more minutes and you won't have it on your pretty little face anymore," Prince commented.

"Did you just call my face pretty?" Anxiety questioned, visibly cringing.

"Yes, I did. It is pretty... but only because it looks like mine."

"Ah, yes, don't I enjoy my love complimenting both himself and me at the same time. What a joy," Anxiety said.

"We're here, anyway. I'll help you get out of the car," Prince responded and the sound of a car door opening filled Anxiety's ears.

Anxiety felt around to in buckle himself as his own door opened. He felt Prince lean across him and he paused. There was the clock of his seatbelt.

"Give me your hand, please," Prince requested. Anxiety complied.

He was lead for a short distance until Prince stopped and walked behind him.

"Alright, Anxiety," Prince said as he took off the blindfold.

As Anxiety blinked his eyes open, he was brought with the sight of a picnic table in front of him. There was a picnic basket on the table and Anxiety could assume there was food in it but... Anxiety shook his head.

"Where are we, Prince?" Anxiety asked.

"We're at a park! There's not too many people around and I thought we could eat and then walk the trail for a little bit?" Prince offered.

"Is this why Pranks and Missy were asking me questions about this stuff?" Anxiety asked, walking forward to sit down.

Prince nodded and sat across from him.

And so they ate the sandwhiches that Prince made and talked.

-----

They were walking on the path when Anxiety stopped to looked at the sunset across of a lake.

"It's beautiful, isn't it?" Prince asked, coming up next to Anxiety and wrapping an arm around his waist.

"Yeah.." Anxiety said, gazing across the lake.

They continued to walk for a bit until the sky changed from reds and oranges to pinks, purples, and so many other colors. Anxiety grabbed Prince's shoulder to stop him as he took a picture. When he turned around, he saw Prince on one knee with a ring box open.

"What- Are you- I-" Anxiety sputtered.

"I'm not proposing that we get married, Anxiety. It's a... promise ring. I want to promise you that I love you, that I'll protect you, that I'll always be good to you. It's a promise to always take care of you. A promise that I'm going to live you for years to come. If you realize this and accept it... I want you to take this ring."

Anxiety, shocked, looked down at the ring in Prince's hand. It was in the shape of a crown, and Anxiety almost laughed.

"I have a matching one," Prince elaborated, smiling up at Anxiety.

"God, you're so..."

Princes smile started to falter at this.

"You're so extra. You didn't need to get me a ring to promise that stuff, Prince," Anxiety said, leaning down in front of Prince to hug the other man. "I'm still going to take it, though."

Prince smiled and hugged Anxiety back, practically crying at this point. His head was in the crook of Anxiety's neck.

"I love you, Anxiety," Prince whispered.

"I love you too, Prince."

-----

When Anxiety went back to his bedroom, a new picture was on the wall.

It was of two shadows holding eachother and looking at a sunset.