ten

Anxiety scrambled to snap his fingers, knowing Prince would be
entering his room soon. He brought his hand back to pull his knees against his chest. He burried his face into his knees as the tears slipped down his face. He sobbed once more as he heard his door open and the soft steps from Roman. He felt Roman sit next to him as the bed creaked. Anxiety tried to stop crying, dreading Prince being able to see him in such a state.

Anxiety knew, however, that he was still there and Roman has already seen him. This made him let out another sob as the truth came crashing down on him.

Anxiety looked up with tear filled eyes, making out the red and white outfit that Prince always wore. He was pulled into Prince's embrace and, for once, he didn't mind the affectionate contact. He leaned into Prince, burrying his head into his shoulder

"Hey, it's okay Anxiety. You're gonna be okay, I promise."

He heard Roman, but he just couldn't stop crying and it was so exhausting. Anxiety hated crying and the only thing he hated more was crying in front of other people. Of course, he had to cry in front of Prince, the man that could and wouldn't hesitate to use it against him when needed.

When Anxiety finally calmed down, he moved away from Roman.

"I'm sorry, Roman."

"It's fine, everyone needs to cry at some point," Prince says, pulling Anxiety into a small but awkward hug.

Anxiety, feeling uncomfortable, tensed up but accepted the hug nonetheless. They pulled out of the hug quicker than it happened.

"I didn't mean to break down and you weren't supposed to see, though."

Roman sighed, rubbing his temples. "Anxiety, believe me when I say that it is okay. I can't possibly think any less of you than I already do."

Though this was a joke, it still hurt Anxiety. He almost flinched, as a matter of fact.

"Yeah..."

Anxiety shifted on the bed, feeling unwelcome in his own room. It was a terrible feeling, but he had felt it enough before to know how to ignore it.

Roman, not long after, left Anxiety's room. Anxiety immediately turned it back into the calming white walls and black ceiling.

He walked to his far wall, where it held up various pictures of the moon and stars.

That was this week's theme, he realized. Every week or so, he would subconsciously think of different pictures that would be out up and they would be there for a while.

One time, after an argument, pictures of Roman has been up there for a full nine days. Most of the time, however, it ended up being pictures of the stars and sunsets, which he enjoyed.

Anxiety looked through all the pictures, dropping back onto his bed. He put himself under the blankets he had and thought about the situation he had just been in with Prince.