Chapter 30

Despite the initial uncertainty from the hospital bosses, Chris' scheme was an instant success with the relatives of the incoming patients.

As usual when someone was brought in for an emergency, there was a lot of panic. The doctor on call would assess the patient as quickly as they could and then, depending on the severity of the situation, would give Chris a brief summary of what was wrong, what would happen next and then Chris would relay this information to the interested party.

Families and friends weren't the only one's pleased with the system either.

Many of the hospitals doctors and nurses quickly noticed a decrease in not only the amount of stress being put on them by any patients' entourage, but also the amount of potentially bad news they had to deliver. All in all it led to a much better atmosphere around the place and Chris found more and more staff members wanting to help out whenever they could.

There was no choice for Jack other than to approve the scheme.

"This is pretty exciting" Chris grinned as he signed the necessary paperwork, much more relaxed in Jack's office then he was the last time.

"Well you remember everything I said before?" Jack asked. "Those terms still stand"

"I understand. But don't you want to be a little more lenient on the music ban? I'm pretty sure no one would mind" Chris was filled with such confidence after his successful trial that now he didn't mind joking around with Doctor Hunter. He still found that act alone incredible.

"No" The boss stated. "And in fact, just for that, I'm going to make the rules even stricter. No Adele. Anyone hearing that won't want to live anymore"

"I guess I could agree to that" Chris laughed.

The good humour between the two, now co-workers, was short lived though as Doctor Hunter was called to an emergency patient.

"What's going on?" He asked as he arrived in the consultation room and joined Lee and Charlie in looking down at a woman who was clearly in some discomfort.

"You recall Miss Dobson?" Charlie grimaced.

"I do not" Jack said, reading the patient notes. "Update me"

"I'm the one that keeps getting my monster vibro's stuck up my hole! That good enough for you?" The woman shrieked.

Jack looked away from the sheets of paper and straight into the woman's eyes, doing his best to remain impassive.

"That will do fine Miss Dobson. Thank you" He smiled.

"You really gotta stop doing this, lady" Charlie told her sympathetically.

"What do you think?" Lee asked the others, stifling a laugh. No matter how often it happened, he'd never get used to a woman lying before him asking for help whilst simultaneously having the time of her life.

"I think the two of you are going to get . . . that . . . out of there" Jack gulped, knowing that Miss Dobson was the only one who was going to get any enjoyment out of that task.

"Hey that's not fair!" Charlie complained. "What are you going to do?"

"Seeing as Doctor Harrington is off today, I am about to go see about employing another female doctor to deal with things like this" Jack answered.

"I guess we can let you off then" Lee shrugged reluctantly.

"This time" Charlie sneered.

"Come on let's get this done" Lee sighed as Jack backed out of the room. "I can't wait to wash my hands of this one. Literally"

"I'm still here you know!?" The patient panted.