Chapter 33

When the plane lands, Jackson asks me if I want to go home with him and I agree. When we arrive in front of his property, I am surprised to find a group of paparazzi waiting outside of his gate. He directs Franklin to drive us to my place and I can feel the tension radiating off of him. I am confused but I'm afraid to ask about it. He grabs our bags and follows me inside to my bedroom. My lips immediately find his in the dark and he kisses me desperately. Kicking the door shut, he begins walking forward, forcing me back.

Since I don't move at the pace he'd like, he picks me up and lays me at the edge of my bed. He begins taking my shoes off then works on my pants next. It is so rushed that he only pushes his pants and boxers down before rolling the condom on. With his boxers and pants hanging at his knees, he carefully slides into me. I cry out as my body stretches to accommodate his size. He stills for a moment before pulling out and thrusting back into me, setting a quicker pace than last time. My back arches as I moan, a sensational feeling flaring throughout my body. His erratic breathing fills the room until he groans. "Fuck."

He pushes his full length into me as we both come apart simultaneously. Closing my eyes, I slowly come back down to earth, too tired to move. Once we've both caught our breath, he withdraws and climbs off the bed. A moment later, I feel the bed shift as he lays beside me. He pulls my closer and I lay my head against his chest before falling asleep. It seems he doesn't want to talk so I won't force him to. He'll come to me when the time is right.

**************************

When I hear my alarm go off, I jump awake. Jackson is no longer beside me but I can hear the water running in my bathroom. Reaching over, I shut the alarm off before climbing out of bed. When I step into the shower, I see his hand against the tiled wall and his head hung low. I wrap my arms around his body and press a soft kiss to the center of his back before laying my head against it. For a long while, we just stand there under the warm water.

Finally, he removes my hands and grabs the soap. I watch him carefully as he begins washing up. Sighing, I follow suit. We finish rather quickly and I dry up before getting dressed for work. I sit at my vanity and begin doing my hair and makeup, aware of Jackson's presence behind me. He's sitting on the bed watching me as he buttons his shirt. "Are you going to ask me about last night?" he asks softly.

"I shouldn't have to," I answer slowly, concentrating on my eyeliner. I pause to glance at him. "We're in a relationship - I won't beg you to tell me things, I expect you to. Until you're ready, I'll wait patiently."

I begin working on my mascara when I see him move through the mirror. "The reason why I had to go to Detroit last week is because I made a risky deal with someone and they ran out with everything they could. It was a big loss and it went public really fast. There's nothing I can do to fix it so I have to accept my loss."

I frown. "I'm sorry. Who's to blame for all of it?"

"Me for trusting them but I've already fired many people for allowing it to slip past them. They should have noticed sooner than they did."

I put the cap back on the mascara and toss it onto the vanity before standing up. Making my way over to the bed, I climb onto his lap, sitting astride him. "Things will get better. I believe in you."

He pecks my lips. "Thank you," he says before glancing at his watch. "Franklin should be here. Get your things."

He kisses me once more before lifting me off his lap. I get my things while he finishes getting dressed then go into the kitchen to grab a drink. Sam is sitting on the counter, waiting for her coffee to finish. "Good morning," she says.

"Good morning," I smile.

"Where have you been?" she asks curiously.

"He took me to see the Grand Canyon then we stayed in Las Vegas. I had so much fun," I say happily.

She raises her eyebrows. "I can tell. You'll have to tell me about it tonight."

"Of course I will."

I glance over my shoulder to see Jackson waiting for me by the door. After giving her a small wave goodbye, I quickly follow him outside. Franklin greets us, handing us each a drink which I happily take. Once we're in the car, I check my phone for anything I may have missed this weekend but don't find anything important. As I think about what an amazing weekend we've had, I realize that we've gotten a lot closer and my feelings for him have only grown. I turn to him with a small smile on my face. "What?" he asks.

"I want you to meet my parents. They should know the man who has cared for their daughter the past three months."

"The first two months don't count because we hadn't even met yet," he chuckles. "But I would love to meet your parents. We can all go out for dinner. Just tell me when and I'll make reservations."

I nod. "I'll call them on my lunch break to set a date."

The car stops in front of the restaurant and I unbuckle. Jackson gets out and I slide over to get out as well. Raising my chin, he presses a kiss to my lips. "Have a good day, babe. I'll be waiting right here when you get out."

"You too," I smile.

Cupping his face, I kiss him once more before heading inside for work.

**************************
Vote ★ Comment ★ Follow