Chapter 26

Before I know it, it is Friday night and I am finishing up at work. After washing the tables and sweeping my section, I clock out and wave goodbye to Natalie. Franklin is standing outside beside the black SUV. It's been a while since I've seen him so there's a big smile on my face when I notice him. "Hi, Franklin. How are you?"

"As good as I can be. How about you?" he asks with a polite smile.

"I'm okay," I reply.

He opens the back passenger and I slip in beside Jackson who is concentrating on his phone. Franklin closes the door and I sigh. It has been a long day and I'm exhausted. An older couple came in and complained about everything. His food was overcooked and her food was cold, even though it had just finished and was steaming. They even complained about the brand new bottle of wine they watched me open for them. I think their goal was free dinner and they got it. People like that are irritating.

Franklin begins driving and I look out the window, thinking about my day. Thankfully I have the weekend off so I won't have to deal with this again until Monday. Jackson's hand finds mine, his thumb gently caressing my skin. "How was your day?" he asks.

"Exhausting," I admit, turning to him. "I'm tired. I don't sleep well without you anymore."

He frowns. "I'm sorry I couldn't stay. It was a late night but we have this whole weekend together. We can sleep on the plane."

I raise my eyebrows. "Plane?"

"For our date."

I take a deep breath. Why wouldn't he tell me that so I could pack and make sure I had everything I needed? "Now I'll have to rush while I'm packing and I'll forget things. You should have told me sooner."

"I already packed your bag. We're going to the airport now."

I turn my attention back to the window and close my eyes for a moment. Today has been a long day and I am so tired. I know I'm overreacting but I can't help it. I'm exhausted. He releases my hand and leans over, pulling me onto his lap. The look he gives me makes me feel beyond guilty. Leaning forward, I kiss him softly but he doesn't reciprocate so I use my teeth to tug at his bottom lip, causing him to smile. I release his lip and he kisses me fervently.

We continue this throughout the ride, him sucking and nipping at my neck. By the time the car stops, my lips and swollen and my neck more than likely has hickeys forming. When Franklin opens our door, I blush in embarrassment as I climb out. I was so caught up in the moment that I had completely forgotten about him. "Thank you," I say, keeping my head down.

"You're welcome, Ms. Smith. Have a wonderful trip."

"I'm sure I will," I smile.

I saunter towards the plane as the boys exchange a few words. Once Jackson is beside me again, I head up the stairs with him following close behind. He playfully smacks my behind, causing me to laugh. "We'll be there in a couple hours. We can eat here so when we get there we can get some sleep," he says.

"Okay."

The pilot's name is Kevin and the co-pilot's name is Rachel. The server's name is Bianca and she is beautiful. She has long dark brown hair with big green eyes. The only thing I don't like about her is the way she looks at Jackson. I sit at the table and he sits across from me. Once we are sitting, she brings us each a glass of wine. I watch her carefully until she disappears behind a curtain. "We are now preparing for takeoff so please buckle up and enjoy the ride," Kevin says through the speakers.

Jackson stands to buckle me up, causing me to roll my eyes. The plane grows loud and after a long moment, it begins moving. I watch out the small window as we gain speed and eventually lift off of the ground. Once we are up in the air and steady, Kevin speaks once again. "You are free to move about the cabin now. Thank you."

Bianca returns with two plates in hand. They each have chicken and boiled yellow potatoes. After placing our plates in front of us, she turns to Jackson with a lascivious smile. "Anything else, sir?"

He glances up at her. "Bring us the bottle of wine, please." She walks away, swaying her hips and I raise my eyebrow, sipping on my wine. "What?" he asks.

"She couldn't make it any more obvious."

"What are you talking about?" he asks, confused.

I stare at him in disbelief. "She wants you. Did you see the way she looked at you?"

He frowns. "No, I didn't but it doesn't matter because I have a girlfriend."

My eyes widen with playful excitement and I lean towards him. "What does she look like? Can I meet her?"

He chuckles. "Well, she's the most beautiful woman on the planet and she has an amazing body."

I feign hurt. "I am insulted, Mr. Lancaster. How dare you take me out and talk about another woman."

His eyes are bright with amusement and I'm happy that we can be playful like this. "I am one lucky man," he says seriously.

"And I am one lucky girl," I smile.

Bianca returns with the bottle but our eyes never leave each other. This relationship is one of the best things to ever happen to me. He treats me like his queen and I wouldn't want it any other way. I realize that I am glad Liam and Danielle are together. If they would never have gotten together, I probably would have been too blind to see this amazing man sitting in front of me because I only had eyes for Liam. But now I only have eyes for him and I've never been happier.

**************************
Vote ★ Comment ★ Follow