Chapter 2

The next morning I get an early start in hopes of finishing early so I can do some shopping tonight. Once my uniform is on and my hair is done, I get my cleaning supplies and make my way to Mr. Lancaster's bedroom. When I first began working here, I made a schedule that split the house into seven days of work. Today is the day for the upstairs bedrooms and bathrooms.

I knock but don't hear anything so I enter the room. Every time I come into his room, I can't help but stop and look around. Nothing ever changes but I'll never get used to how marvelous everything is. I begin at his bed, straightening his sheets and tucking them into their place. As I lean over the matress to smooth out the sheets, I hear a door open behind me. Aware of the shortness of my uniform, I quickly straighten and turn around. "Oh my-"

Mr. Lancaster stands in the doorway completely naked, his body glistening from his shower. His eyes are wide and his body is magnificent but I quickly cover my eyes with my hand. My lips are parted and I breathe heavily as I hear him clear his throat. "I wasn't aware anyone was here," he says.

I peek past my fingers and can't help my wandering eyes. When his eyes land on mine I quickly shut my eyes. "I knocked but no one answered so I thought it was okay," I mumble, embarrassed.

"You can open your eyes, I am covered now."

I slowly remove my hand and look him over. There is a towel wrapped around his waist but I can still see the lines leading down to his manhood. "I'm sorry, sir. It won't happen again."

He raises an eyebrow and I can tell he finds this amusing. I, on the other hand, am burning from embarrassment. "Too bad. I kind of enjoyed watching you get all hot and bothered."

I raise my eyebrows in surprise. "Excuse me? I am not hot and bothered. This whole situation is embarrassing."

"Embarrassing? I should be the one embarrassed," he laughs, walking into his closet.

"What's there to be embarrassed about?" I mutter as the image of him naked pops into my kind.

He peeks out of the closet. "I have plenty to be embarrassed about, sweetheart. Men can be a little insecure too, you know."

I sigh. "This is awkward so I'm going to find another room to clean. Perhaps one without naked people in it."

"What's the fun in that?" he chuckles.

I find myself smiling as I leave his room. I'm glad that he can be playful. At first, I thought he was going to be one of those uptight rich pricks but he seems like a pretty laid back and nice guy.

After I finish cleaning, I go up to my room to take a shower. Just as I'm getting ready to get in, my phone begins ringing so I quickly answer it. "Hello?"

"Hey, Emery. Do you have any plans tonight?" my best friend Liam asks.

"No. Why?"

"I was going to ask you if you wanted to go out tonight. We can go out for some drinks," he suggests.

"I'd love to. Should I meet you there?" I ask.

"No, I'll pick you up in an hour."

"Okay. I'll see you then."

Hanging up, I take a quick shower before I begin getting ready.

Liam has been friends with me and my sister since elementary school. Since I was the youngest of us all, he was really protective of me and I developed a crush on hin throughout the years. The only person who knows about my feelings for him is my sister because she's like my best friend. I'd trust her with my life.

Once I'm ready, I head downstairs to wait for Liam but halfway down the stairs, I notice Mr. Lancaster standing at the front door. He and Liam seem to be deep in a discussion so they don't really notice when I join them at the entrance. "Hey," I say softly.

"Hey, Emery."

They both glance over before doing a double take, really looking me over this time. My cheeks burn under their intense gaze and I shift uncomfortably. We don't go out often but when we do I use the opportunity to get dressed up. Tonight I am wearing a short black dress with heels and makeup is all done. "We should get going."

"You look great," Mr. Lancaster says.

"Thank you."

"So are you two dating?" he asks, gesturing between us.

Liam chuckles. "No, she's like my sister."

I frown until I notice Mr. Lancaster giving me a questioning look. Putting on a fake smile, I clear my throat. "We're just going out for a couple drinks. I'll still work in the morning."

He shakes his head. "That's not necessary. You've done an excellent job - you deserve a day off."

"Thank you."

"No problem. You two have a good night," he says.

"Thanks," Liam says with a smile.

I follow him outside to his car, glancing back to see Mr. Lancaster watching me carefully. He rubs his jaw before closing the door. Liam and I get into the car and he begins driving. "I thought we could go to that new club downtown, Club Millennial. Is that okay?"

I nod as my phone begins ringing. "Hello?"

"Hey, Emery," my sister Danielle says. "Do you have any plans tonight?"

"Actually Liam and I are going to Club Millennial. You should come."

She's quiet for a long moment. "Okay. I'll meet you guys there."

"Okay. Bye."

Liam asks about the call then the rest of the ride is silent except for the soft music playing in the background. When we arrive at the club, I fix my hair in the mirror as he opens my door. He takes my hand and leads the way to the line of people waiting to get inside. I can't quite put my finger on it but there's something off about him tonight. Hopefully, with a few drinks, he'll loosen up a bit.

**************************
Vote ★ Comment ★ Follow

Overtimeजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें