LXXIX- The Present

Start from the beginning

"You're sick!" Indianna gasped. "We're brother and sister! I could have died why did you do this to me!"

"I strongly believe that what doesn't kill you makes you stronger," Rogue smiled. "And you're alive! But... you are looking quite miserable and pathetic so I'm not really seeing you being strong... No worries, I'm sure it will come in time!"

"I'll be strong enough to take you down."

"Ah, dangerous words, little sister," Rogue tutted and shook his head. "You already have so many injured, why add to that number? You can never defeat me. I'm being nice as well; letting you all come home, live your lives as normal-"

"Normal!" Indianna exclaimed. "People are grieving! People are hurt! Everyone is living in fear! You can't even go into town without being watched by your men! How is that normal?"

"You could all be dead," Rogue said and shrugged his shoulders. "This is normal now, sweetheart, you better learn to accept it."

Indianna let out a deep breath and covered her face with her hands. "Please leave-"

"But I've not decided if I'm going to kill mummy dearest," Rogue pouted. "I can't leave yet."

"Kill her, leave her alive, I don't care," Indianna growled and Rogue smiled.

"Alrighty," he said. "Goodbye, little sister, I'll see you again soon."

*

Indianna slowly climbed out of the shower and dressed in a daze. She plodded back into her bedroom and sat on her bed.

She felt so empty.

So lost.

Without Greyson she was nothing, she wasn't herself. He made her the person she became and now she had retreated back into her old self.

Indianna sighed and grabbed Greyson's jumper, hugging it to her chest. "I love you," she whispered. "I love you so much." Tears slipped down her cheek and her eyes landed on a pink bag that had been shoved to the side of the room.

Brooke's birthday present.

Greyson said he liked it.

Curiously Indianna made her way over to the bag and crouched down next to it, tentatively pulling on the lace and opening it. She took a deep breath as she reached inside and her hand touched soft fabric. She pulled out the gift and couldn't help but laugh.

In her hand was frilly, skimpy lingerie. It was sparkly, girly and... small.

"Of course you'd like that," Indianna murmured.

There was a knock on the door and Kal walked in. He looked smart, dressed in a black suit and suede shoes. "Hey," he said softly and took in Indianna's attire. She was in a long, loose black dressed and black sandals. Her hair was still damp and cascading down her back. "You ready?"

"I'm never going to get to wear it for him," Indianna whispered, clutching the clothing in her hands. "He would have loved it and I would have called him a pig or something... That's never going to happen, Kal." Indianna's voice cracked and she looked up at Kal with teary eyes. "He's gone. I'm never going to see him again. To touch him. To..." Indianna broke down in tears and Kal rushed in and wrapped his arms around her.

"Indie, you'll see him again," Kal whispered. "One day."

"Don't patronise me," Indianna whimpered and cried into Kal's chest. "I don't want to go, Kal."

"You've got too. Today is your chance to say goodbye."

"I don't want to say goodbye!" Indianna yelled and pushed Kal away from her. "I can't say goodbye because then it's like he's really gone! He can't be!"

"Indie-"

"No!" She cried and looked down at the lingerie in her hands. She yelled angrily and chucked it across the room. "It's official when there's a funeral," she whimpered. "I can't stand there and finalise his death... I can't!"

"You can," Kal said. "You can do it. Greyson wouldn't want you upset because of him-"

"Screw what he would have wanted because I am upset!" Indianna screamed. "I never even got to tell him! I said I would after, but he's not here! I thought I'd see him after all this, but... he's g-gone! And he never knew! I never fucking told him!"

"Indie," Kal said slowly and it was then when they were joined by everyone else who were worried by Indianna's yelling. "You never told him what?"

Indianna whimpered and caught Brooke's eye. She nodded and smiled encouragingly. "It's fine, Hun, you've got all of us to support you."

Indianna covered her face with her hands and cried. "But I never told him, he'll never know!"

"What is it?" Mac called and Kirstie's eyes widened in realise.

"Oh," she gasped. "Oh, Indie."

Indianna looked up at all of the guys and whimpered. They were all dressed in dark clothing. They were ready for Greyson's funeral but she wasn't.

She never would be.

Indianna opened her mouth to speak, the next two words would change her life forever.

"I'm pregnant."