XI- The Beginning

It was late when Indianna walked into her house that evening. Her mother was already asleep and she was grateful about that. Indianna was not in the mood for her mother moaning at her about arriving home late.
She went straight upstairs and crawled into bed, not bothering to change out of her clothes. She was asleep as soon as her eyes were closed, but the wolf was awake in her dreams.
*
"You were home late last night," Indianna's mother said when she walked into the kitchen the next morning.
"Yeah," Indianna shrugged and poured coffee into a flask.
"It was past midnight."
"Yeah," Indianna repeated.
"It's not safe at night," her mum frowned. "I want you home earlier."
"Cool," Indianna nodded and headed to the door. "I'm walking to school."
"I can give you a lift-"
"No. I'm fine."
Indianna walked out of the house and into the bright morning sunshine and was greeted by a familiar car parked on the curb. "Hop in, sugar," Greyson smirked and Indianna arched an eyebrow at him. "Come on, we ain't got all day."
"I'd rather walk."
"No you wouldn't," he chuckled. *Remember you can't lie to me, Indie.*
"You're very annoying," Indianna muttered, but got into the passenger seat.
"Thanks," Greyson laughed. "Nice sleep?"
"Amazing," she muttered.
"Bad dreams?"
"Bad dream," she sighed.
"The wolf."
"It's just sparked some bad memories," Indianna shrugged.
"It wasn't the same wolf, Indianna."
"Can we just stop talking about it?" Indianna sighed and leaned her head back on the seat. "You still owe me answers."
"I am aware of that."
"You were going to tell me something last night before we were interrupted."
Greyson turned to look at Indianna and smirked. "Was I?"
"You know you were."
"It has slipped my mind," he shrugged.
"You have no idea how much you are irritating me," Indianna said, snapping at Greyson suddenly. "You claim to know things about me, but refuse to tell me the whole truth and only give me answers that lead to more questions! It isn't fair Greyson! All I want is to be given answers or to be left alone, but I can't get either because you refuse to tell me and hurt me when I try and ignore you! It's cruel, Greyson!"
All Greyson did was shrug his shoulders. "I'm not a nice person."
"And it doesn't bother you that you are making me miserable!" Indianna yelled.
"Not as much as you want it too."
"You're an asshole!"
"Sugar-"
"Stop the car!" Indianna demanded. "Stop the goddamn car, Greyson!"
"No."
Indianna glared at Greyson and look at the door handle.
"Don't you dare, sugar. We're in a moving car."
"Then stop it."
Greyson made no move to slow down so Indianna unbuckled her seatbelt and reached for the door handle. "I said don't!" Greyson said sternly and pulled Indianna's seatbelt across her again and held his hand over the buckle so she couldn't undo it. "Are you trying to get yourself killed?"
"No, I'm trying to get away from an inconsiderate bellend!" Indianna growled and heard the distinctive click of the doors locking.
"I can't take anything you say seriously with your accent," he smirked. "It's too cute and adorable."
"For Fucksake!" She shouted and covered her face with her hands. "Greyson, please!"
The car suddenly stopped and Greyson turned in his seat. "What do you want, Indianna?" He asked, leaning closer to Indianna.
"I want..." Greyson was less than 2 inches from her and she gulped. "I want..."
"Think about it," he whispered. "Deep down, what do you really want?"
Indianna looked into Greyson's dark eyes and bit her lip. Deep down there was something in her that wanted-
*Carry on, sugar.*
"No."
"Why are you refusing to admit the truth?"
"I'm not."
"The reason why I don't let you ignore me is because I know how you feel deep down."
"Oh really? What do I feel, hate?"
Greyson smirked and shook his head. "There's a thin line between love and hate."
Indianna's eyes flickered to Greyson's lips and she frowned. Something inside her wanted him. Something she couldn't control moved her body forward. Something within her wanted her to kiss Greyson.
Her darkest desires.
Her darkest desires wanted her to kiss Greyson.
Deep down she wanted the one thing she hated.
Greyson.
*
It was lunchtime and Indianna had managed to escape to the library. She was seated comfortably on the floor and was reading an old leather bound book that had fallen from the bookshelf.
The Truth About The Legends Hidden By The Night.
She was randomly scanning the pages about mythical creatures and had subconsciously stopped on the werewolf chapter.
Packs was the first word on the page.
She will join my pack.
Indianna frowned, remembering Greyson's conversation with her mother. She briefly scanned the page and her eyes stopped on a subtitle: soulmates.
SOULMATES SHARE A CONNECTION SO DEEP THAT NOT EVEN DEATH CAN BREAK IT. MATES ARE TWO PEOPLE DESTINED BY THE MOON GODDESS TO BE TOGETHER FOR THE REST OF ETERNITY. THEY ARE BEST SUITED TO EACH OTHER AND ARE BOUND TO FIND EACH OTHER IN LIFE. SPARKS AT CONTACT IS A SIGN OF MATES AND A MIND LINK STRONGER THAN THAT OF A PACK LINK IS COMMON BETWEEN AN ALPHA COUPLE.
Indianna frowned and slammed the book shut. She was being ridiculous. *Greyson?* She could feel him in her head and for once she hoped he would talk to her. *Am I being ridiculous?*
*Come to the canteen, sugar,* he said.
*Answer my question.*
*Do as I say.*
*Greyson-* Indianna gasped out loud as a pain shot through her stomach and spread out down her arms, like a burning fire igniting a pool of fuel.
*Sugar?*
Indianna bit back a cry of pain and looked down at her arms that were starting burn. *Greyson, something is wrong!*
*I'll be right there.*
It only took a few minutes for Greyson, Ace, Kal, Harry and Brooke to arrive in the library, but it had felt like hours to Indianna who was crawled up in a ball on the floor, shaking violently.
"Oh my gosh!" Brooke gasped and Greyson knelt down beside Indianna.
"She's burning up," he muttered. "Call Doc, have him meet us at the house."
"Is she-"
"No, she's starting the process. Her body is preparing itself for the changes about to happen."
"Greyson, is she in pain?" Brooke asked quietly and Greyson gritted his teeth, slipping his arms under Indianna and lifting her up.
"Yes," he muttered and Indianna whimpered. "She's in a lot of pain."
"When will it stop?"
"After it's got a hell of alot worse."
*