XXXVIII- "On the way to good."

"Wake up. Please wake up. Fucking wake up! I'm going to fucking murder you if you don't open your goddamn eyes, sugar!"

Indianna frowned when she heard his voice and she forced her eyes open. They felt glued together and she had to blink a few times before she could see properly. She looked around and saw she was in the infirmary, and she was not alone.

"You're awfully chipper," Indianna said sarcastically, looking at Greyson who was scowling at the floor. His head snapped up at her voice and he sighed in relief.

"Thank fuck," he said and rushed to Indianna's side. "Do you know how fucking worried I've been! Never do that to me again! Do you hear me? I'm fucking serious, never do that again!"

"Loud and clear," Indianna said, cringing at his loudness. "But don't do what?" She took in his appearance as he spoke. He looked tired. He had dark bags under his eyes and his dark hair was a mess on his head. He was paler than usual and Indianna frowned. "What's wrong, Greyson?" She tried to sit up when she said this, but an agonising pain shot down her spine and she gasped, screwing her face up in pain.

"Shit, are you alright?" Greyson panicked and Indianna winced, lying back so she was comfortable.

"Bloody hell, what was that?" Indianna asked. "Why can't I move without feeling pain?"

"Sugar," Greyson frowned, "do you remember anything from the carnival?"

Indianna looked at Greyson with a blank expression. "Carnival?"

"Shit," Greyson cursed and ran his fingers through his hair. "Fuck!"

"Greyson," Indianna said slowly, "what happened? What happened to me?"

Greyson sighed and took Indianna's hand. The sparks calmed her nerves slightly, but worry had set in.

Something had happened and it was bad.

"You... Um... Indie, we went to a carnival and while we were there we ran into somebody who... Attacked you-"

Indianna paled and her eyes flickered to Greyson. "Rogue," she whispered and she gulped as memories flooded back. "Oh my god. Oh my god, Brooke! What about Stacy-"

"What about you?" Greyson said. "Worry about yourself, Indie! You nearly died!"

"I did?" Indianna whispered.

Greyson nodded and squeezed Indianna's hand. "You were in a coma for a week."

"W-what!"

"Indie, I was so worried. I thought I'd never see you again!"

"I nearly died," she whispered and closed her eyes. "Rogue nearly killed me."

"We're going to kill him," Greyson growled.

"Is that before or after he takes us down?" Indiana gulped and Greyson narrowed his eyes at her.

"Don't think like that!" He snapped. "We're going to kill the fucking mutt."

"Greyson," Indianna whispered, her eyes flickering to his. "He wants me. Greyson, I'm scared."

"Nothing is going to happen to you," Greyson said confidently. "Sugar, I'd die to protect you."

Indianna chewed on her lip and gulped. "That's what I'm scared of."

*

"Can you try sitting up for me, Luna?"

Indianna nodded and shifted on the bed. She slowly started to lean forward, stopping when a slight pain ran down her back.

"If you make my mate do anything that inflicts pain on her I will kill you," Greyson called, stopping what he was doing on his phone to look up at Doc in warning.