VI- Greyson

Indianna couldn't speak, she just sat, frozen in shock. She assumed it might have been Greyson, but she never thought that it actually would've been.
*Sugar? Talk to me?*
*I-I... Erm...*
*You're shocked.*
*No shit.*
*Don't swear, sugar.*
*Tell me how this is possible.*
*I can't answer that yet.*
*You said you'd give me answers!*
*I told you who I am.*
*I wish you hadn't now.*
*Now, that's not very nice, sugar.* Indianna could practically hear the smirk that was most definitely on his lips.
*What were you talking about, with my mum?*
*I can't answer that yet either.*
*You're not right in the head, Greyson.*
*How comes?*
*What you were saying to my mum, that wasn't right.*
*Care to elaborate?*
*You said that I 'belong to you' and something about crossing the border into your land. And what the hell is a 'pack'?*
*You're just full of questions, sugar.*
*And you find that surprising?*
*No, quite annoying actually. Do you have to be so curious?*
*This is your fault! You can't just randomly start talking to a girl in her head and then call her annoying for wanting to know how!*
*You're talking a lot, you're angry.*
*You think?*
*You are a lot more talkative in your head than in person.*
*What has that got to do with anything?*
*It's just an observation.*
*If you aren't going to answer my questions, then don't talk to me.*
*I'll see you tomorrow then, sugar.*
*I might not be in school tomorrow.*
*You will feel better, trust me.*

*

Greyson was right. Indianna did feel better in the morning. Her head didn't feel like a banging drum and she didn't have the sick feeling in her gut. She felt well rested, but her temperature remained, though it wasn't as bad as yesterday.
She had to go to school and face him.
She sighed loudly and climbed out of bed, going into her bathroom to have a shower and brush her teeth. She got washed quickly and stepped out, drying off with a towel. It was sunny outside again so she chose to wear a pair of short dungarees with a black lace crop top underneath. She slipped her feet into a pair of red Dr Martens and ran her fingers through her damp hair. She grabbed her glasses and put them on, looking at her reflection in the mirror.
She didn't look ill, but she didn't look fine either.
She shook her head and grabbed her bag, slinging it over her shoulder.
*I told you that you'd feel better.*
*I'm not going to talk to you and don't even try that mind pain thing because you're going to see me at school anyways, so it's not like I have any choice in whether I speak to you or not.*
*Hmm, touche. See you in a bit, sugar.*
"I don't like being called sugar," she muttered under her breath and walked out of her room.
"Are you feeling better?" Her mum asked when she walked into the kitchen. She grabbed an apple from the side and shrugged.
"I'm fine."
"Are you sure-"
"Yes, mum," Indianna snapped and put the apple in her bag. "I'm freaking amazing, can we go?"
"There's no need for the attitude, Indianna."
"Since when did you care what I did? Just stop trying mum, you gave up on me when dad died, there's no point in trying to build up our relationship now. In my mind, us being mother and daughter died when dad did." Indianna walked out of the kitchen and took a deep breath. "I'll be in the car... Iris."

*

"It's Indianna, right?" The guy from yesterday stopped her in the hallway again and Indianna froze. "Relax, I just wanted to apologise." He had a busted lip and a cut on his eyebrow, but apart from that and the faint bruise on his cheek, he looked fine.
"Stay away from me," she muttered and tried to walk past him, but he stood in her way.
"I'm sorry, okay?"
"Josh, just keep away from her," Ace said sternly, walking up behind Indianna. She tensed and gritted her teeth. Ace meant that Greyson was nearby.
"Fine," Josh shrugged and walked off.
"You alright, Indianna?" Ace asked kindly.
"Peachy," she mumbled and walked off. Did Ace now about the whole mind talking thing, did he know about all these secrets that were being kept from her?
Something told her that he did.
She got to her locker and groaned when she saw Greyson leaning against it, talking to Kal who was opening his locker which was next to hers. She span round immediately, but Brooke appeared behind her with Harry.
"Indianna, hun, you're back!" She grinned.
"Yeah," Indianna mumbled. "I am."
"That's great, are you feeling better? Your head doesn't hurt anymore does it?"
"No, it doesn't."
"That's good."
"If you'll excuse me," Indianna mumbled and walked away from them as quickly as she could. She turned a corner and yelped when she crashed into someone. Papers flew up in the air and books tumbled to the floor. "Oh gosh, I'm sorry," Indianna apologised and bent down to pick everything up. A girl crouched down opposite her and stacked the fallen books in her arms.
"So am I, I wasn't looking where I was going," she apologised and they both stood up. "Hi, I'm Cassie."
"Indianna," Indianna said with a shy smile and handed Cassie some of the paper.
"You're the new girl," Cassie nodded, her light brown hair swaying as she did. "It's nice to meet you."
"Yeah," Indianna said and suddenly the bell rang.
"Oh shoot, I'm late, I've gotta run, but see you around!" Cassie ran off down the hallway and Indianna sighed, shifting her bag on her shoulder and walking to her lesson.
When she walked into the classroom she groaned. It was Italian and that meant that Greyson was in this class. She slowly walked over to the back of the classroom and took a seat, slumping low in hopes that Greyson wouldn't see her. She saw Cassie in this class too, but she was sitting right at the front, her pens and paper all neatly set out in front of her.
"Hello, sugar." Greyson slid gracefully into the seat next to Indianna and rested his arm on the back of her chair. Something told her it was so she couldn't walk off. She was trapped.
"Don't call me sugar," she muttered.
"Sugar it is then," he grinned.
"Ass."
"Oooh, I should get you some soap," he smirked and leaned in, whispering in her ear. "Wash out that dirty mouth of yours." He sat back and chuckled at Indianna's surprised expression. "I wanted to apologise, Indie, about the pain I caused you. I didn't want to, but you weren't listening to me." He shrugged and scratched his stubble. "I don't like it when people don't do as I say."
"Hmm, I never would have guessed," she murmured.
"Well, I don't like being predictable," he smirked. *Sugar.*
"Don't do that!" Indianna snapped. "That's just not right, do not do that!"
*Why not?* He laughed and grinned at Indianna who glared at him. "It mixes things up a bit, sugar. I'm not one for being boring."
"Look, Greyson," she hissed and he rose his eyebrows at her. "Don't talk to me if you aren't going to give me any answers!"
"You're talking quite a lot."
"Well, you said so yourself, it's my anger!"
"Do I make you angry, sugar?" He smirked and Indianna gritted her teeth.
"More so every passing second."
"Fantastic," he grinned and she groaned in frustration. "Indie, I will give you answers, but when the time is right."
"Greyson, tell me now."
"No."
"For fucks sake!" she muttered.
"Language," he scolded.
"I'm not a kid, Greyson."
"You're 16, yes you are."
"You're two years older than me!"
"Yes, I am. How are you in my classes when you are only 16? I thought it was just one."
"Nope, perks of being smart," she shrugged.
"So you've been moved up in all of your classes?"
"Right now, I bloody well hope not."
"If I wasn't with you, you'd be sitting here by yourself with no friends."
"And you say it like it's a bad thing. I'm not exactly social, I'm used to being along, blending into the background."
"Geez, that sounds boring."
"Well you can leave, I wouldn't care at all."
"Ahh, but I would," he smirked and Indianna looked to the door.
"Do the teachers in this school ever turn up?"
"Not really," he shrugged and her eyes travelled round the classroom. Most of the girls were either staring at her enviously or glaring. "Ignore them, sugar."
"Why are they glaring at me?"
"Because you're talking to me."
"Fantastic, I'm going to have psycho girls wanting to kill me because I'm with Mr Popular."
"Yep, pretty much," he smirked.
"That's another reason why you should stay away."
"I think not," he shook his head.
"Wolves," Indianna said after a moment of silence. Greyson stiffened, but she didn't realise. "They travel in packs, don't they?"
"...Yes."
"You mentioned 'pack' earlier," she said slowly and frowned at Greyson. "Greyson, has this got something to do with the wolves that," she gulped, "attacked me... And killed my father?" Her voice went quiet when she said this and he shook his head.
"Not really."
"Then why were you talking about a 'pack'?"
"I can't say, sugar."
"Of course," she mumbled and looked to the door as the teacher walked in. She let a soft sigh and paid attention as he started the lesson, completely blanking Greyson who was staring directly at her.
The whole entire time.

*