XIV- Mark

Indianna sat on the bed with her knees pulled up to her chest. She was glaring at Greyson who was seated at the end, talking on his phone. He hung up after a few minutes and looked at Indianna. 

"You're shaking," he frowned. "Are you cold?"

"I'm fine," she muttered, but Greyson stood up and shrugged his jacket off. He walked over to Indianna, but she flinched away from him. "I'm fine."

Greyson ignored her and draped his jacket round Indianna's shoulders and then sat back down. "You don't seem so full of questions anymore, sugar."

"I want to go home, Greyson."

"You can't until the first stage of the process is complete."

"What is this p-process?" She asked quietly and pulled Greyson's jacket tighter around her. 

"It's the process preparing you for your first shift," he said and Indianna's eyes widened.

"W-What?"

"You aren't human, Indie."

"No," Indianna shook her head. "No!"

"Your father was an Alpha of a very powerful pack, you inherited the werewolf gene from him. Females rarely inherit the werewolf gene, for some reason most female's bodies can't handle the pressure of shifting. It's rare when a female is a werewolf, but you're one of those rare females, sugar."

"My dad?" She whispered. "What's an Alpha?"

"Werewolves live in packs, they are werewolf communities and there are hundreds of packs around the world. An Alpha is the leader of the pack and the Luna is the Alpha's mate. Your mother was a Luna."

"Is she a..."

"No, she's human." 

"What are y-you?" Indianna asked.

"I am the Alpha of one of the most powerful packs in the world, and you are my Luna."

"No," she whispered and squeezed her eyes shut. 

"Mates are bound together by destiny. There's no fighting the bond and no way to prevent it. We have a bond so deep that not even death can break it. It's weak currently, but over time it grows and the connection formed is stronger than anything in the world. We aren't complete without each other."

"I'm fine how I am, I don't need you," Indianna mumbled. 

"Right now you are," he shrugged. "You won't be soon."

Indianna squeezed her eyes shut and took a deep breath.

She was sitting next to a werewolf. 

A wolf.

Just like the one that killed her father.

"I am not like him!" Greyson snapped, scaring Indianna with his harshness. "Don't you dare compare me to that mutt!"

"Have you killed?" Indianna whimpered, hugging her knees to her chest.

Greyson looked at Indianna with a blank expression. 

She knew the answer.

"Did you care?"

Greyson remained silent and Indianna gasped.

"You're a monster."

"No," Greyson said sternly. "I'm not, sugar."

"You've killed people!"

"They deserved it," he said with no emotion in his voice.

"How can you be so heartless," she whispered.