XVIII- Lies

"Indianna, please talk to me."

Indianna gritted her teeth  and closed the door behind her. She looked at her mother who was standing in the doorway to the kitchen.

She looked desperate.

"Please."

"Five minutes," Indianna said sternly and followed Iris into the kitchen. She took a seat at the table and Iris sat opposite her.

"Would you like a tea, or a coffee-"

"Answers," Indianna said. "I want answers."

"To which questions?"

"Why did you keep it a secret?" Indianna asked. "Why hide me from this world?"

"To protect you," Iris said softly. "This world can be dangerous. I didn't want you to be a part of it."

"That wasn't your choice to make."

"I know," Iris sighed and shook her head. "And I now know that no matter what I could've done, it wouldn't keep you away from this world. Not when you have a mate in it."

"What do you mean?"

"Mates always find each other," Iris said. "No matter what happens their paths always cross. Mates are part of each other. They are the other half to each other's soul. No matter what I did, it couldn't have hidden you from Greyson."

"Hidden? Would you have if you could?"

"Yes," Iris sighed. "I didn't want you to be a part of this world."

"But I am now."

"I know," Iris mumbled.

"Mum? Who's Rogue?" Indianna asked, watching her mother's facial expression closely. She flinched when she heard the name and Indianna pursed her lips. "Don't lie, mum."

"Rogue? A rogue is a wolf that-"

"I know what a rogue is," Indianna snapped. "Rogue. Not a rogue, the Rogue."

"I wasn't aware there was a 'the' rogue," Iris shrugged and Indianna scoffed, standing up abruptly.

"Of course you lie," she muttered. "First Greyson, now you."

"Indianna, I'm sorry-"

"Save it!" Indianna said sternly and walked out of the kitchen. "I don't want to hear lies!" Indianna slammed the door to her room behind her and sat on her bed, falling back onto the soft pillows.

*Please tell me you're going to strip and have a sexy steamy shower session soon?*

Indianna didn't have to see his face to know that he was smirking. *Piss off!*

*Someone is grumpy,* he commented.

*I'm sick of the lies!* Indianna groaned. *I hate that you've only told me half of what you know!*

*You wouldn't be able to handle everything, sugar,* Greyson said seriously.

*Don't tell me what I can and can't handle,* Indianna said. *You can't do that!*

*I can and I will,* he said. *You just gotta trust me, Indie.*

*Can I? Can I trust you?*

*Of course you can.* He said it as if Indianna was being stupid. As if she was being ridiculous by asking the question.

*Can I trust my life with you?*

*My life wouldn't be worth living without you, Indianna. I'd die to protect you. Of course you can trust your life with me.*

He seemed so serious. Indianna hadn't heard Greyson speak with so much emotion before.

*Then why can't you answer my questions?*

*Do you trust me?* He wondered.

Indianna was silent for a moment. *Yes, I trust you.*

*Then shut the hell up and stop asking questions.*

*You're an ass.*

Greyson chuckled and then he was gone.

*