Chapter-28

Hello My Dear Readers!! 🙋
Yay!! update time!! As promised here's the update💃💃💃
Thanks for patiently waiting for my updates. Means alot to me!
Thanks for all your wishes too! Hope I get settled there soon so that I can give you all faster updates! 😉😄
And yeah, 93K Reads and 6.9K votes is all because of ur support 🙆🙆
Thanks to each and every one. 😍😍😘😘
Well, its been so long since I got ur votes and comments so I hope you will fill this chapter with them and make me happy 😉😋😂😂

Meghna

I walked out feeling happy and content. Earlier, I was worried that may be Arjun will choose her presentation considering she is more experienced than me but when my presentation was projected on the screen, I couldn't help but smile in satisfaction. Even though finally, my hardwork paid off, there is a small part of me that wanted Arjun to know what all actually happened before and how I had to work on the presentation again because of her.

I noticed Karan walking just ahead of me, I decided to talk to him and sprinted towards him.

"Karan, We need to talk!" I said in a serious tone. Yes! I really wanted to know what's wrong with this guy! He has been all distant since past two days and I don't know what's all this is about.

"Hey Meghna! Congrats, the presentation was great!" He said giving me a genuine yet nervous smile.

"Thanks! well, can we talk....Now?" I asked him still carrying my serious facade.

"Now? I am kinda..busy right..." He said dodging the topic but I interrupted him in between.

"Cafeteria?" I said in a suggestive tone to which he nodded, his eyes filled with amusement.

"Two coffees" I ordered for both of us before settling down at our usual spot.

"So, what is all this is about?" I asked Karan as I sipped on my coffee.

"Huh? What are you umm..talking about?" He asked me looking elsewhere but me.

"Really?" I said giving him a questioning look.

"What?" He said feigning confusion.

"Okay! I will come straight to the point!" I stated and continued after taking a deep breath.

"Why are you avoiding me?" I asked him looking straight into his eyes.

"What are you saying? I am not avoidi--" He said but I cut him off in between.

"Don't deny it Karan! I know, you have been acting distant all the time" I said in a serious tone.

"I was just busy, that's it" He said taking a sip from his coffee.

"Oh! So, you were busy that you couldn't talk to me but you had enough time to talk to Riya?" I asked raising my eyebrows at him.

"um...I..I..." He stuttered while I smirked at him.

"What Karan, cat got your tongue?" I asked him in a teasing manner.

I waited for him to give me some response but he seems to be lost in his own thoughts.

"Karan, what happened? Did I do something wrong?" I asked him a bit worried but he still didn't respond.

"You know, you can tell me right? I am your friend!" I said placing my hand on his.

"Exactly! I am your​ friend too. Isn't it?" He said lifting his head to look at me.

"Yeah...But..." I trailed off utterly confused about where this conversation is leading to.