Helicarriers and Final Fight.

Third person's point of view.

Bucky was loading his weapons and wiping down his shied when he realized that she would be there, that she would have no idea who he was or anything of their past together, for however short it was, it meant a lot to him, how she was with him, how she took care of Steve, protected him, it meant more than he could have ever hoped for, and when she proposed it was like none of the bad in the world would have never been able to ruin it for them, they were in their own little bubble of happiness.

But then the afternoon of the train mission came and even though Bucky was confident noting bad could happen there was a dull throbbing in his mind and heart that said otherwise. Bucky had worried the whole time thinking it might of been him or Steve that would have gotten hurt or died but no, it wasn't them. Thinking about it now, Bucky should have realized it was going to be her, her reflexes compared to Steve and his, made them look like toddlers trying to hit a fly, and he still wondered why she was hit so easily.

"It was because we were there." Bucky looked up to see Steve in the door, his old uniform on and Bucky's in his hand. "What do you mean?" Steve stepped over to Bucky and handed him his uniform, while sitting across from him, "It was because we were in the train, had she deflected it; it would have hit us, that's why she took those few steps towards the shooter, so if she did deflect anymore it wouldn't have hit us, but she forgot about the hole and..." Steve didn't need to finish because they both knew what happened after that. "Come on, suit up, we have helicarriers to blow up." Steve said patting Bucky's shoulder.

***

Getting into the building was easy, as was getting into the commandeering the communications office, Bucky stood with his shield ready and his gun in hand as Steve spoke over the PA, "Attention all S.H.I.E.L.D. agents, this is Steve Rogers. You've hear a lot about me over the last few days, some of you were even ordered to hunt me down. But I think it's time for you to know the truth." Steve had paused quickly going over the outcomes of this in his mind, before deciding and continuing his speech, "S.H.I.E.L.D. is not what we thought it was. Its been taken over by HYDRA." there was another pause as he took a breath.

"Alexander Pierce is their leader. The S.T.R.I.K.E. and the Insight crew are HYDRA as well. I don't know how many more, but I know their in the building. They could be standing right next to you, they almost have what they want, absolute control. They shot Nick Fury, and it won't end there. If you launch those helicarriers today. HYDRA will be able to kill anyone that stands in their way. Unless we stop them, I know I'm asking a lot. But the price for freedom is high. It always has been. And it's the price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one..." he paused again to look at Bucky who nodded.

"Then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." Bucky stepped over to Steve and smirked, "Did you write that down first or was it off the top of your head?" Steve shrugged and then they left to get to their assigned ships, Steve taking Alpha, Sam on Bravo and Bucky on Charlie. Running out of the Communications office, Sam ran beside the two Super Soldiers. "Hey, how do you know the good guys from the bad guys?" Chuckling slightly Bucky answered, "If they're shooting at you they're bad." Sam answered by powering up his wings and taking off.

Steve and Bucky then split off and went after their ships, Bucky's was quiet far and it took him a bit longer to get too but he made sure to run as fast as he could, about half way through fending off HYDRA agents Sam buzzed through their ear pieces, "Hey Sarge, I found those bad guys you were talking about." Hitting a guy in the face Bucky responded, "You okay?" tossing a joke Sam said, "I'm not dead yet." chuckling at the light mood during a dark hour, Bucky went back to bashing heads and breaking limbs.

***

With 8 minutes to go Steve's voice spoke through the com, "Alpha Lock." It was a weight lifted off of Bucky's worries, Hill talking to Falcon was barely registered in Bucky's mind as he felt that his ship was probably carrying more agents than the others and I was probably because she was either near or on this ship. Sam's voice came through, "Bravo lock." and Bucky knew it was up to him now. "Two down, one to go." Hill said hoping the urgency in her voice would make Bucky move faster.