New Recruits.

⚡️Thordís | Siobhan⚡️

The next morning I received a phone call from Colonel Chester Phillips, saying I had a new batch of recruits to train. Getting ready I dressed in my uniform and pulled my headdress on my hair was braided into a single rope and hung down to my thighs.

Pulling on my shoes I dressed and left for the London base, getting there by plane, I arrived later in the morning, having a car pick me up and drop me off an hour later I was greeted by Colonel Chester Phillips. "Admiral Siobhan Leif, its good to have you here." He said while shaking my hand.

"It is good to be here too, then again I did see you with Agent Carter a week ago so..." I said trailing off and chuckling a bit. He nodded and lead me to the training fields, "how are these new recruits?" I asked. "They are...bearable, maybe worthy of a war when you finish with them." Chuckling again he had his DSM call them into formation.

"Recruits! Fall in!" His voice was loud and demanding. As the men formed three lines, each one with their feet at shoulder width apart and their hands behind their backs and eyes straight ahead. The DSM walked and stood in front of the platoon,

"Squad, Atten-tion!" In one movement they all stood with their legs together and their hands in fists by their sides, turning around the DSM faced Philips. Philips dismissed his DSM and addressed his squad. "Boys meet your new boss, Admiral Siobhan Leif."

Stepping up I looked them all over some had wolf like grins and others had wide eyes, but one had a look of pure surprise. "Recruits, know that these next few months with me are going to be hell. So I want no complaints or quitters, am I understood?" I called they gave me a sharp 'yes, ma'am!' I smirked and dismissed them for an hour break.

Standing with the DSM, whom had been in charge before me I asked him for the Recruits roster. "Sure thing ma'am." He said and walked off to get what I want, sensing Bucky behind me I turned and smiled, "Hello, Mr. Barnes." Saluting me I returned the action and he stood at ease.

"Ma'am, I didn't know you were an officer." Smirking I shrugged, "you didn't ask, so I didn't say." He chuckled, "you are absolutely right." After talking for a few more minutes I sent him off to relax with his platoon before I made their training even harder.

~Bucky Barnes~

She's an officer in the military? I thought when I saw her. Her hair was braided back and her uniform was clean and crisp, as if not a speck of dirt had gotten on her at all. She walked along the ranks talking to us, say she didn't want any of us to quit because her training would be hard. With her here, I wouldn't leave even if I were dead.

When she dismissed us, I started towards her, she was talking to the DSM, and just as I got there the guy walked off. Her back was still to me, but I knew she knew I was there, "Hello, Mr. Barnes." she said as she turned to face me, saluting I wanted to show her, respect and tease a bit.

She returned my action, and told me to relax, "Ma'am, I didn't know you were an officer." shrugging I felt a little discontent. "you didn't ask, so I didn't say." she was right I didn't ask, I had only asked about her personal life it wasn't much and last night we ended up talking about mine and Steve's life, and then we went to a carnival.

"you are absolutely right." I said after a moment. "So how long you been in the army?" I asked finding a new topic to talk to her about, "All my life, but I spent most of it in Manchester, England." though she had an accent, I could tell there was something more than a British tone to it.

But I couldn't pick it out, "You best be off relaxing because it might be the last time to do so." she said bringing me out of my train of thought. Sighing I nodded, saluting again, I left and returned to my bunk. The guys there were talking about her and I forced myself to ignore it, I didn't want anything to jeopardize my chances of staying here with her.

So I took a nap and it helped block out their disgusting chatter about her. But my dreams didn't help as I kept picturing her with me in different scenarios. All good and all not very appropriate. Being shook awake I jumped to my feet and rushed out to do training with the others.

***

Time Skip | 6 Months Later

***

So far our training has been as Siobhan said. Hard. The exercises are tough and long, but after the first month we all could see differences. Those of us with little muscle mass could see a definite change and those with even more so. In the six months that I'd been here,

I have been trying to talk to Siobhan more to see if she'd open up to me more. Aside from the fact that she is my superior, she spoke to me at meals and on our hour breaks when she gave them. But tonight I was determined to talk with her longer than a few moments.

After being dismissed for bed, the guys shuffled off to our barracks too tired to even think of doing something stupid. Like I was probably doing right now, as I quietly followed Siobhan to her tent. The moment she stepped in, I looked around to make sure nobody would see me,

But as my back was to the tent entrance something grabbed me and yanked me back. Stumbling and looking at who had pulled me in, I chuckled nervously. "Bucky, what are you doing?" chuckling again I got up off the floor and dusted myself off. "I just wanted to talk." she frowned and her blue eyes darkened a bit.

"But we do, don't we?" she asked a bit confused, "Yeah, but not the way I want to, doll." I said using a cute pet name to see the kind of reaction I'd get. "That's nice and all, but I can't show favoritism. It will not help either of us."

I shook my head, "It's got nothing to do with that..." I said being complete embarrassed by this woman and she wasn't even doing anything. Growling slightly, in frustration I stuck my hands into my pockets, and avoided her gaze as she waited for me to say something.

⚡️Thordís | Siobhan⚡️

I was still waiting for Bucky to say something. His hands were stuffed into his pockets and he avoided my eyes, "Bucky--" "I like you, Doll." We said at the same time. Though my reaction was a bit more surprised by his words than him by mine. Giving him my desk chair to sit in I made him sit across from me as I sat on my cot.

"I'm not even going to try and convince you not to, because if I believe in what I know, you will be just as stubborn as Steve." smirking he nodded. "So I'll only ask, when?" scooting to the edge of the seat he held my hands and I continued to watch him, "The day I saw you save Steve in the ally." smirking I gave his hands a squeeze.

"Do you--" kissing his forehead, I cut off his question. "Yes, but right now we can't." understanding he nodded. Walking to my tent exit he stood before me and squeezed my hand again before stepping out. About an hour after he left Philips came in and said a had a new job.

"Admiral, you and Agent Carter are going to work together on the Super Soldier project with Howard Stark and Abraham Erskine. You will be with them actually while Carter trains the men for this project." I nodded, "Okay so when do I leave?" pulling out a not pad he flipped though the pages,

"A week from now, so you'll be finishing your training with the men here and they will be readied for battle by two other officers." He explained. "Okay." I told him, he nodded and left, I sat on my bed and went over the conversations I had with both Bucky and Philips. Hoping all this went well, and nothing happened.