Forty five

if anyone knows where that quote if from, call me ;))
---

The amount of times I've woken up in my bed battered and confused, I can't count. However, on the plus side, it's only half of that this time. I'm not battered, just very, very fucked up.
I groan as my eyes open to see my all-too familiar room glaring back at me. My walls practically scream, "what was it this time? A kidnapping or boyfriend troubles?"

"Rise and shine, mofo!" Matty crashes open the door and runs over to the bed, jumping up and down on the covers I'm not even under. I'm also still in my clothes, yet I'm assuming it's morning from the clock presenting 7am.
"What... how?" I mumble, rubbing my eyes until I see black clouds. Matty jumps one more time then lands cross legged.
"Brad brought you home. He said you were ill, but I could tell from your unconsciousness." She says, crossing her arms, her eyes demanding an explanation. I shrug; how in the hell am I supposed to know if I was unconscious? I suddenly remember- Kirstie. She was in pretty bad shape last time we were together and Calum's confrontation caught us off guard. I reach over to my table and pick up my phone which I'm assuming Brad brought with him. I open Kirstie's contact and start texting frantically.
"Jane? You have to talk to me!" Matty's whine continues in the background.
"I don't know, Matty. Just gimme a second."

me: hey you okay????

"Jane, come on!"

me: Kirstie pls answer im worried xx

"I swear to God if you don't tell me..."

me: Kirstie Brad said he'd talk to Calum it's fine qidjnsdjsa

Matty grabs my phone from my hands and puts it on the bed behind her.
"Matilda! I need that!" I reach over but my hand is swatted away.
"Speak. To. Me." She demands and I sigh.
"I don't know what happened. I think I passed out from stress, or anxiety, or something. Now can I please have my-"
"Well why were you stressed?" Matty persists. I rub my forehead to get rid of the migraine although I know that won't help. I open my mouth to answer, but she cuts me off again. "Is it Calum? I did talk to him a few days ago, he seemed a little stressed too."
My mouth stays open. In shock. A few seconds later I slowly get up off my bed and face the door, running my fingers through my hair.
"Okay... you knowing about Brad, I totally get. He's from the area. But Calum? How in the hell do you know about Calum?"
Matty slides her legs off the bed and perches.
"We dated." She shrugs casually.
"Ah, yes, of course. Total. Sense. You, my sister, just happen to have dated one of the most dangerous people I know. You just happen to have dated a guy that threatened my multiple times, a guy who even k-" I stop. Crap.
"What, Jane?" Matty asks, standing up and walking to me. I dodge her outstretched hand and head for the door as one of the biggest lies I've ever told escapes my lips:
"I need to go to school."

---
^^^ lmao true AF
so what do u guys think of my RETURN MWHAHAHAH
ngl throughout this chapter I was going back and referring to like EVERY chapter to make sure I was getting all the names right bc I forgot some whoooooops
ew I have exams soon
ew