Thirty four

Tysm for 500 votes :)
---
Brad's eyes meet mine as we sit on my bed, him leaning up against the frame, me at the other end. His lips part as though he's about to speak, then he sighs and shakes his head.
"C'mon, Brad. You have to tell me. This has gotten too complicated for me." I whisper and he nods as I brace myself.
"I used to be in a gang with Calum, Ashton and Luke, but Luke's not in it now. There was this leader of the gang called Ryan, he's like middle-aged, a dad. He had a son called Tyler, but Tyler disappeared..." Brad trails off and I suddenly realise who Tyler is.
"Is Tyler the boy that was murdered?" I ask. He nods. "Did... did you kill him?"
"What? No!" Brad suddenly exclaims and a shot of relief rushes through me. "But-"
"No, there's no but, that's all I need to know." I smile a simple grin but Brad leans forwards, eyebrows furrowing with intensity.
"You don't understand, I know who-"
"Jane open this door, I can hear Brad's voice!" Matty yells from the other side of my room.
"Fuck," I whisper, then slide off the bed and waddle over to the door, prompting it open to see Matty wearing a silk dressing gown and rollers in her hair. She crosses her arms and tuts her tongue when I roll my eyes.
"I know he's in there." She squints, then when I shrug, she pushes past me and into my room. Brad is standing by the side of my bed.
"I was just leaving." Brad mumbles and grabs his jacket from his bed. Matty storms forwards and jabs a finger at him.
"You better, and don't you dare come back." She says with a stern voice.
"Don't tell me what to do." Brad retorts, then pushes past her and rushes by me without sparing a glance. I look back to Matty and open my mouth to speak, only to notice how my jaw is already dropped.
"What the hell is wrong with you?" I spit, the sound of a door slamming in the background. Matty walks forwards, arms crossing.
"You know he's bad news." She shakes her head and grimaces. "Honestly, I expected more from you, Jane." She begins to walk out of my room and I flip her off as she leaves. I slam the door shut behind her and groan, running my fingers through my hair as I pace up and down. I hear a vibrating on my bed and pick up my phone.
Incoming call from Kirstie.
"Tell me something good."
"There's a fete happening tomorrow evening in the town park, you in? James has already said yes. You can bring Brad."
"Oh, I dunno if he's going to be up to it."
"Ugh, are you two fighting again?"
"No, he's just a bit... distracted. Anyway, you and James huh?"
"Yeah, also, we're dating."
"Oh my god, Kirstie!! Why didn't you tell me sooner?"
"I would've but you were too busy making out with your boyfriend, I didn't wanna disturb you."
"Whatever. I'll talk to you about the fete tomorrow."

A fete. Maybe it's a good idea for me and Brad to bond... but then again, he might be too scared to go because of Calum.
I don't even know what's happening anymore.
And what was Brad trying to tell me before Matty interrupted?
That he knew what?

---