Two

i updated again, woop woop
---
My mum died five months ago. She was only forty three. She had beautiful ocean blue eyes and a gorgeous smile that could light up an entire room at once. I miss her. I take after her and Matty takes after dad, but I prefer it that way. My mum was always strong and she told me to be strong while she knew she was dying.
Cancer. That son of a bitch.
It was while she was in the hospital that she died, with my dad by her side. Me, however, I was having a fag. I was having a fag while my mother died. This kills me. Both me smoking and figuratively.
Ever since we'd found out she had cancer I took up smoking to relieve stress. It's ironic really- doing something that would cause you to die while your mother is dying from it. Mum didn't smoke, she was a very strong believer in no drugs, no alcohol, no sex, no nothing that could harm me or Matty. Of course, at the time I would do as she said, and only have the occasional cigarette, but now, it's the only thing to help me calm.
Brilliant. Matty drives off in the car without me. So now I have to get the bus. Just amazing.
I rush to the bus stop, remembering how late I am, and catch a ride. I look sentimentally out of the window and plug in All Time Low.
Suddenly my phone vibrates.
You have (1) new message(s) from Kirstie.
Kirstie: I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE YOU'RE COMING AGHHH
Typical Kirstie. Me and Kirstie have been friends for nearly two years now but have never been to the same school. We met on the internet. I only found out that I'm going to the same school as her around three weeks ago, and since then, she's been non-stop crying with excitement about it. I can't disagree, I mean, I'm bloody thrilled.

{A/N: yes, Kirstie as in Kirstie Brittain}

Finally the bus stops in front of a large building buzzing with students. I thank the driver and step out, inhaling the atmosphere of my own personal hell- jocks, nerds, everything you can think of to do with a typical high school scene, except in England. I see someone waving then realize it's a familiar face. Kirstie bounds over, her blonde hair flowing down her arms as she does, spring in her step.
"Hi oh my god!" She squeals and pulls me in for an embrace. We both suddenly get shoved forwards from the people getting off the bus and we awkwardly decided to tumble towards the school's hallways. Kirstie shows me to my locker and chats while I put away my things.
"Honestly, this is going to be amazing." She says, her eyes drifting off into space. I chuckle and turn around, shutting my locker door. The hall is filled with students all hurriedly getting to class. Kirstie grabs my hand.
"Oh, yeah! We're late!"