Eight

---
Friday.
The night of Lauren's so called 'legendary' party. I intend to invite Kirstie and Georgia with me, maybe the guys as well, but I'm not sure about their reaction. I know for a fact Brad will be there, and that lowers their confidence pretty much to zero. Oh well. I don't mind him, even though he's a dick.

{A/N: that was a kinda quote from another Brad fanfic, you know who you are ;) }

"Okay class, it's film time!" My teachers claps their hands and snaps me out of my daze.
"Tell me this," Kirstie whispers to me as she leans left. "Why do we watch a film in biology?"
I shrug discreetly. "Sex ed?"
"Miss Elizabeth, finished your interesting discussion with Miss Brittain?" The teacher calls me out and I nod, bowing my head. "Then I'm sure you'd love to move." He points to a chair near the back and I spin to see someone I did not want to see. Bradley is there, hands placed behind his head, chest bulging out. What a cock. But kind of hot. I sigh and smile sadly to Kirstie and pick up my bag, then slowly walk over to the back and slump in the chair next to Brad. I can feel his gaze on me, so I glance and see him smirking. Then he looks away. Damn right he should, I'm not an exhibition.
Luckily for us, it is a sex ed film, but a weird American version, so there's an intimate scene between a boy and a girl. I hear disgusting noises coming from next to me and look over to see Brad joking around with his mate, making weird as shit moaning groans. He notices me staring.
"Like what you hear?" He smirks and I just look away, placing my elbow on the table to prevent him from seeing my blushing face.

Later on that day it's nearly dark and I'm sitting on a cushion by my bay window, cautiously dialing Kirstie's number.
"Hello?"
"Hey, are you doing anything?"
"No, why?"
"Do you wanna come to a party? It's no big deal, I'll pick you up-"
"Depends. Who's party?"
"L... Lauren's..."
"The fuck? Why did she invite you?"
"You coming or not?"
A long pause.
"Fine."

"You look hot, like ohmigod." Kirstie wiggles her eyebrows at me, glancing up and down at my poorly assembled outfit- dark red skin tight dress and black pumps. Apparently this is what people call hot. For me? This is what I call Tumblr.
We arrive at the party and as I park, I look around, almost unsure if I even want to attend. There's drunk people already stumbling out of the large house, and I can swear I see someone jumping nude into a pool out the back. Kirstie gives me a look as if to say 'damn', then we hop out of the car.
"Do you think the others will be here?" I ask and we link arms, walking over to the house.
"I told James, but I don't know. He probably won't risk seeing Brad." She shrugs. We reach the house and escape into the front door, sliding past a mumbling teenager, drooling everywhere. The beat of the music reminds me of some lame club, but hey, it's a teen party, I don't judge.
We squeeze past loads of people dancing and grinding on the non-existent dance floor and over to the kitchen.
"Want a drink?" I ask Kirstie and she nods, then I leave her to walk over to the fridge to consider my options.
"Drinks are on the counter." Someone suddenly says from behind me. I jump and spin around, slamming the fridge, to see Bradley standing. His jaw is clenched, eyebrows furrowed.
"S-sorry." I mumble and look down, then take a step to the right, but I feel a strong grip on my arm, then look up to see his eyes- those eyes- sternly staring at me. He notices my solemn gaze and lets go of my arm, which I find myself thankful for.
"What is wrong with you..." I ask, not directly to him, but I kind of murmur it as I push past and over to the beers.
The rest of the night is a drag, with nothing big really happening, then out of nowhere I see Kirstie walking off with some tall guy... some tall guy, with very recognisable hair. James? She turns around and smiles as they walk up the stairs. I mouth to her, "James?" And she nods. Good for her.
And now I'm just stuck by myself awkwardly, standing by the door. I decide to go and wait in the car. I push past some dancing teens and hug my arms as I stroll through the darkness, across the lawn and over to my car. It's when I'm fiddling for my key that I hear a noise behind me, and I turn around to see a dark shadow. Squinting in the black, I notice the shadow has an outline of curly hair.
"Go away." I state, knowing who it is. He doesn't move, just stands there, and puts his hands in his pockets.
"Lauren said you've been giving her talk." He mumbles, shrugging. I laugh breathlessly and turn back to my car, twisting the key into the lock. I still need to get away from him; he could possibly be a murderer, for all I know.
"Why would you care? Even if I had, which I haven't, you're not dating, so would it make a difference?"
"Not really, but I like the girls I fuck to be mentally in peak condition." His voice isn't shaky or nervous, but cocky and arrogant... and annoying as hell.
"Sorry to disappoint, but you're not going to get very far with Lauren then." I say and slide a leg into my car and sit down. He walks over to the car and places a hand on the door as I'm about to shut it, then leans down into the car light so I can see his face.
"Name." He demands. I just look at him as his lips part, his jaw moving sideways slightly as he grinds his teeth together.
"Not possible." I know my voice is shaking.
So we're at the stage of not even saying formed sentences to each other.
I'm fine with that.
Brad takes his hand off and stands back up, then turns to walk away. I shut the door but look back out of the window as he walks over back to the house. Lauren is leaning against the door frame, her arms crossed. She steps to Brad when he walks over and points a finger at him, then pulls a bitchy face, and flicks her hair as she storms into the house, leaving Brad to stand in the dark. He turns around to look at me, but I look away.