Forty

---
Day four of skipping school. Good ol' bunking.
I lie in my bed on my laptop, skimming through my old blog. It's nostalgic.
Suddenly, I hear a soft rack on my door.
"Jane, can I come in?" Matty asks quietly from the other side. I don't reply, then ten seconds later, she slowly shifts it open and steps inside. Her eyebrows are furrowed.
"What do you want?" I mumble into my covers that are pulled up around my face. She slowly strolls over and perches on the end of my bed.
"You won't tell me what's wrong. Dad's only letting you miss one more day, the teachers are starting to notice you're disappearance."
"Yeah, well, sometimes I wish I could just disappear." I look down at the laptop screen. Matty suddenly leans over and shuts it.
"Is it Brad?" She asks, and as I look up, she seems to be sincere. Then she shakes her head. "Of course it is, what else would it be?"
I shrug and slump further down in the bed, averting my gaze over to the window.
"Which is why..." Matty mumbles and I snap my eyes back to her, only to look past her embarrassed expression and over to the door which is slowly opening. Brad appears. I quickly sit up and adjust my hair, placing a piece behind my ear.
"I gave him a call." Matty whispers and I frown, but thank her non-verbally. She stands up and walks past Brad who nods to her. She exits, shutting the door behind her. Brad stays by the door and slides his hands into his pockets.
"How are you?" He asks casually. I frown and my mouth opens slightly. How can he be so collected? After what he did?
"I don't want to speak to you, Brad." I say, sliding my laptop off my lap onto the bed, then turning over onto my side and lying down. I hear shuffling, assuming Brad is moving closer.
"That's fine, I can do the talking." The bed sinks down as he sits on the end. "I'm so sorry, Jane." Did he just apologise? That's a first. "When I made that bet, I was stupid. I didn't know what could happen, between us. I know you're going to hate me for saying this, but you're different. I've been with girls, but I was in it for the fun. I've broken hearts and I've even not cared. But the thing is, I know that I'll break two hearts soon enough. And that'll be yours and mine. It's because I'm stupid, and I only do what I think is best for me. But you, you changed that. And I don't know how, but you did. And now, if your heart breaks, so does mine."
I exhale, in taking what he says, then my brain flashes something at me: fuck it.
You're meant to forgive him now.
Oh, right. I sit up and shuffle over on the bed to Brad, who seems to be anxious with anticipation. A smile slides onto my lips and I place a hand on his cheek, before leaning in and plucking a soft kiss on his lips. I don't open my eyes when we pull apart, I only keep our noses touching and our fingers interlocked.
"I forgive you." I mumble and stroke his hand with my thumb.
"Good." Brad whispers, then suddenly grabs my waist and throws me onto the bed before enticing me in a passionate kiss.
---
Wooo i uploaded are you proud of me?
Sorry for not uploading for a week or so i've been busy with band stuff.
Give my band a follow on Instagram (@/thebadlandsband) and on twitter (@/thebadlands_) wehayy