Thirty five

Ewwww can sunday go away please ty
---
Friday.
About fucking time.
I arrive in school, sceptical about the day's actions, for I've made a decision. I'm not going to ask Brad to the fete.
He's got enough on his mind right now, and as I pass through the school entrance into the corridor to see him chatting to Lauren, I plaster the plan in my mind. At first, it's baffling.
That hoe better take a step back.
I mentally threaten her and mentally slap her, then awkwardly wave to Brad before quickly hurrying away down the corridor to my first lesson: English.
I arrive in the classroom and walk over to my seat to see Luke, eagerly smiling, awaiting my arrival.
"Hey," I say slowly, recalling what Brad had said about him the previous day.
"What's up?" Luke smiles again, a comforting grin, something I can't really act suspicious around. I sit down and shrug.
"Nothing much."
The lesson begins and after a long description on ancient puritans, Luke taps my shoulder.

{A/N: yep that's what i'm learning in English atm... oh the joy}

"Are you going to the fete tonight?" He whispers and I jolt in surprise.
"Oh, um, I don't think so. Brad didn't really want to go, so..." I trail off and continue copying notes onto my book.
"Oh." Is all he says. About ten seconds later he speaks again. "You said Bradley didn't, but do you?"
I slam my pen on the table and turn to look at him with squinting eyes.
"Yes I do, but not with you. I know you were in a gang, Luke. And if Brad doesn't trust you, I don't." I shrug and face back to the board.
"I didn't know you knew." Luke laughs breathlessly. "Look, I'm sorry if you feel uncomfortable, but I've moved on. In fact, I'm in the same position as Brad at the moment: trying to avoid them. I haven't spoken to Calum and co. in weeks. Brad hasn't, has he?"
I stutter for a bit and slowly nod.
"He had to."
"Why?"
"I-I'm not sure..." I shake my head and roll my eyes. "I get where you're coming from, but I still won't go with you." I shrug, then look over to see Luke's eyes have fallen and he looks ashamed. A wave of guilt floods me and I mentally face palm myself for feeling sympathy. "But... maybe I'll see you there." I smile quickly and look back at my work, feeling Luke's proud gaze upon me.

"Good, good, good idea." James nods. I've just told him how I may be going to the fete with Luke. We're both sitting on a table outside at lunch. Kirstie waddles over.
"Hey, James!" She squeaks and rushes into James' open arms where he squeezes her half to death. I awkwardly sit and sip my juice while wondering where my cuddle buddy is. They pull away and Kirstie sits opposite me next to James.
"And what's a good idea?" She asks before stealing one of James' crisps.
"Jane is going to the fete with Luke." James speaks before I can stop him. Kirstie frowns.
"Luke as in Luke Hemmings?" She asks and I slowly nod.
"It's not definite. We might see each other there." I shrug.
"Yeah, I was going to say- nevermind." Kirstie stops herself but I lean in.
"Say what?"
"Say... shouldn't you take Brad instead of some guy you met, like, yesterday?" She furrows her eyebrows tomorrow and looks down at the floor as I smile sarcastically.
"I never thought of that. And we're just friends, nothing more." I say but both James and Kirstie stare at me in disbelief.
"Personally I don't trust Brad. I prefer Luke." James shrugs.
"Good for you, maybe you can turn gay for him." I suddenly snap, jolt up and storm off.

---