Twenty six

I hit 2.3k reads on this book this morning now im already 2.46k yas ily
P.s who loves the chapter pic ayee
---
For about the seven hundredth time in the pass few days, I wake in a daze. I'm still lying on my bed, this time I'm under the covers and wearing comfortable clothes. I don't remember getting changed the previous night.
I feel around the duvet to suddenly collide with a larger object. I open my eyes fully to see Brad, snoring asleep beside me.
"Brad?" My voice quivers and I raise my hand to shake his shoulder softly. "Hey!"
Brad suddenly jolts awake and groans. I laugh and slowly sit up.
"Hi." He mumbles, still lying down but holding his arm over his forehead.
"You stayed over?" I ask.
"Of course. No way am I ever leaving you alone again. Ever." He smirks and I roll my eyes before remembering.
"Hey, how did I get into my pyjamas?"
Brad doesn't answer straight away, but his bottom lip disappears.
"Brad!"
"I promise I didn't look." He smirks.
"Jane?" Matty calls from outside my door, her fist pounding on the hollow wood.
"Crap," I mumble and Brad jumps up out of bed. He paces around quickly, before turning to me and mouthing a sentence.
"Where do I go?" He tries to articulate. I point to the window and he gives me an annoyed look. I jump out of bed and push him by the arm until he's over to the bay window.
"I'm coming in!" Matty yells and I turn around.
"No! No- I'm g-getting changed!" I shout, then turn back to see Brad is already gone, the window left wide open behind him.
"You're such a liar." I spin around to see Matty standing with her arms crossed.
"What if I was naked?" I whine and quickly shut the window.
"We've both seen each other nude, Jane, we're sisters." She hovers over to my bed and sits down. "So tell me what happened."
"Huh?" I try to act confused.
"You've got two massive bruises on your head. I didn't want to say anything earlier this morning but now that I look at them, they look pretty bad." She mumbles and I walk over to the door.
"It's fine, I'll just get some ice." I blurt out then run out of the door before she can question me any more.

I arrive at school in my truck and park in the car park as usual. Whilst I'm getting out, my eyes avert themselves across the grounds and over to my friends: Kirstie, James, Georgia and Connor. Kirstie waves enthusiastically as I walk over.
"Hey, Jane! How have you- oh my god, what happened?" Her joyous facial expression changes from happy to worry very quick. I shake if off.
"Nothing. J-just walked into a wall. I shrug, but everyone knows I'm lying. I'm a shit liar.
"Well tell me later then," Kirstie turns back around to the others. "So what do you think?"
"I don't know, Kirstie..." Georgia murmurs.
"Yeah, it seems a bit far off." James says slowly.
"What does?" I ask and they all freeze.
"Um.... ah, Jane." Kirstie turns to me and takes my hand. "Would you please do us the great pleasure of coming round my house on a sleepover this fine evening?" She says in a posh accent.
"Indeed!" I answer and blush. "What's so secretive about this sleepover?"
"Well, um, if you'd like... you can invite Brad?" She smiles hopefully.
"O-oh! Did you..." I lean in and whisper to her as the others chat away.
"I didn't tell them you kissed, just that you like him. A lot." She shrugs and I play punch her. "Please, please, please bring him! You can show the others how he's not that bad."
"Ugh, fine!" I give in.