Thirty six

Tysm for 5k views :)
---
I breathe out, exhaling a load of dry air from my mouth. I'm on top of the roof; a place I haven't been in a while because of specific circumstances. I'm leaning my elbows up on the wall, an itching feeling at the back of my throat. I know I said I wouldn't smoke them here, but my hands slowly reaches for the cigarettes in my pockets. My throat is just so sore...
"I remember when you didn't want me to smoke here." The only person who knows this area says. I don't turn around, but my hand snaps away and I place it back on the wall. Brad makes his way over to me. "Why did you change your mind about yourself doing it?"
I don't say anything, in fact, I don't react at all.
"I heard you're taking Luke Hemmings to the town fete." Brad says matter-of-factly, and I sigh. Good news sure does travel fast. "I mean, I'm okay with that." I make and 'ugh' sound and turn to look at him. He is innocently staring at me, not smiling, but not exactly looking dismissive either.
"I'm just so confused right now, Brad..." I mumble, looking down at my hands. Brad steps forwards in front of me. "I don't know what's happening anymore. I've been warned by so many people about you- my sister, James, Connor, yet I still ignore what they're saying?"
Brad frowns and tries to take hold of my hand, but I quickly move it out of reach.
"Well, what do you want me to do?" He asks and I shrug.
"This is all just too much..." I whisper and Brad slowly nods, but a sadness travels into his eyes.
"Don't you have to go get ready for the fete?" He asks, gesturing for the door.
"I didn't know you'd want me gone that fast..." I mumble, kind of shocked. Brad doesn't say anything. Fury flaming inside of me, I decide it'd be easier if I leave. Swiftly turning on my heels, I storm over to the door. As I'm peeking around the corner of my eyes, I expect Brad to be smiling, or waving goodbye.
"If you run into Calum at the fete, tell him I said hi." Brad snaps, without turning to look at me.
Then, suddenly, something happens and I see the old Brad.
As he pulls out a cigarette and draws it to his lips.

---
Sorry that was an especially short chapter, i edited it down a bit because it sounded v dramatic at first and i didn't mean it to be XD