Four

yeah i know it says 'te' instead of 'the' stop judging me mate
also sorry for spamming u with updates, i like writing this lol
---
Finally, it's lunch, and Kirstie guides me to the cafeteria where I chose a cheese and tomato roll, then bring my plate over to a table filled with three people, two boys and a girl. They all smile at me as we sit down.
"Guys, this is Jane," Kirstie beckons to me and I smile.
"Oh Jane Doe?" A boy with a tank top on and dark blonde hair says, then he smiles as Kirstie gives him the evils.
"Or is it the only Jane you've been going on about for like, three weeks." The other boy says, he has dark brown hair that's swept in a half fringe, half quiff. He nods at me. "I'm Connor."
"James," the other boy says.
"And I'm Georgia." A dirty blonde girl says, smiling sweetly at me. "How is your first day going?" She asks, biting into an apple. I shrug as I open my water bottle.
"Alright, I guess."
Kirstie chips in, almost completely slamming her fists on the table in protest. "She's already gotten into a little battle with Queen Hoebag."
"Wait, seriously?" James asks, raising his eyebrows at me.
I nod furiously. "No, no. She just said to back off." Kirstie and the others look at me questioningly. "To, uh, back off the teacher." I say, stuttering. For some reasons, I can't do lies. It's terrible or good of me, but either way, I can't. "You know, cause I was giving the right answers."
They look at me blankly for a second, then Connor lets loose a small chuckle.
"What a slayer," he smirks.
We talk for a while longer, when I notice that boy sitting at the table. He doesn't see me, so I continue observing. He is sitting with Lauren, and a few other boys, including a blonde boy with a large hairdo. Kirstie clicks her fingers in front of me face and I blink, cringing.
"Looking at him?" She asks, pointing inconspicuously towards the brown-haired boy. I nod. "Well, don't, Lauren will chop your balls off."
"True." James nods and stuffs some bread into his mouth.
"What, are they dating, or something?" I ask, then frown as they all burst into laughter.
"Ha, no, Brad doesn't date."
Brad. So that's his name.
"Lauren is just a little, over-protective, let's say." Georgia says, eyeing Lauren as she flirtatiously bats her eyes at Brad, who seems to be enjoying the attention, and flirting back. It's kind of a disgusting sight. He looks a lot different than when I first saw him. More at ease, chilled.
"So she's like a clingy girlfriend, without the girlfriend?" I ask.
"Basically," Connor nods. "But also a sex slave."
I almost choke on my food. "What?"
"Not seriously, but they do that quite a lot."
"How do you know?" I ask, still bewildered.
"Word gets around." He shrugs and continues to eat.
We're only sixteen, and they're already doing that? Well, that must be what I'm getting myself into. Maybe Lauren's right, maybe I should just forget about Brad.

But those eyes.