Twenty five

---
"Jane? You alright?" Brad mumbles in my ear as I slowly roll open my eyes. We're in a car- Brad's car- and I'm in the passenger seat, hugging myself.
"N-no... I'm not fine." I whisper, squeezing my blinking eyes and cringing at the pain all over my head. "W-who the hell were those people? What did they w-want with m-me?" I stutter, sniffing and trying to sit up in the car. Brad places a hand on my shoulder and pushes me back down gently into the seat, keeping his eyes on the pitch black road.
"You need to rest. I'm taking you home." He says as he lets go of me. I accept it and lie there. "They came to my house and told me to drive them in my car, that's why I have it."
"I don't want to know why you have your car, Brad. I want to know why I just got kidnapped by some two random guys that don't even know my name!" I spit, but groan when the loud noise makes my head throb even more.
"Look, I can't tell you anything right now-"
"We have to call the police..." I mumble, rummaging around in my pockets for my phone.
"No!" Brad says, grabbing my hand and swivelling the car slightly.
"Eyes on the road!" I yell and he puts both his hands on the wheel.
"Just, don't call them, please." Brad says. He sounds desperate.
I remove my hands from my pockets.
"Fine, but you're explaining this to me."
"When we get home."

Brad takes me home and I instantly stumble out the car and down the path towards my front door. I feel Brad's presence behind me.
"Be quiet, my sister is probably home." I slowly push open the door.
"And your dad?" He whispers and I shrug. There's no TV on in the house, so I assume my dad isn't home. I beckon for Brad to follow me up the stairs as I creep on my tiptoes, trying not to creak on the floor. I make it up the stairs and onto the landing then face my door. Brad goes in first and I'm about to walk in after him when Matty speaks from behind me.
"Where have you been?" She mumbles sleepily. I spin around to see her in her pyjamas. Slowly, I back away into my room.
"Studying at Kirstie's." I mutter and quickly rush through the door before she can see through my lie. Brad is standing by the bay window, looking out into the pitch black. I look at the clock on my wall: 2am.
"Brad, I know I said I didn't need to know, but this has gone too far. I just got kidnapped." I step forwards and Brad turns around slowly to look at me, frowning.
"Jane..." He begins, but I wince as my head begins to throb again. "Sit down." He beckons for me to go on my bed and I do so, perking on the end. "No, properly." He sits down next to me then pushes me so my back is against the header, and lifts my legs up onto his lap.
"B-Brad?" I whisper, my eyes slightly shutting. I feel myself getting sleepy already.
"Yes?"
"Did you actually... murder someone..." The question drags out of my mouth before I can stop it, however I'm already fast asleep when Brad hushes me a response.
---
Sorry for not posting yesterdayyy
Bladdy lavely exams am i right -_-