Twenty one

+ i know how much that hurts
and if u need a friend
then please just
comment and vote on this book

jkjk ily
---

The next day is a dank and cold October morning. My feet practically drag themselves out of bed with no enthusiasm as I buckle them downstairs and towards the living room. I stand at the door and cautiously poke my head around the doorway. Brad is still asleep on the sofa, so I turn right towards the kitchen to begin breakfast. I'm halfway through getting eggs out of the fridge when a thought hits me: Brad and I still haven't talked about the kiss. Maybe it's about time we did. I hear shuffling behind me and swiftly turn to see a basically drooling Bradley leaning against the door frame. He smiles and rubs his messy bed hair. Damn, his bed hair... stop drooling, like Brad. I turn back around and continue with the scrambled eggs.
"Hey?" Brad says, almost questioningly.
"Morning," I say and begin batting some eggs in a bowl. "What do you want to do today? I mean, it's okay if you want to go home, talk to your family." My eyes gallop to the side and notice him sitting at the table, wincing. "You okay?"
"Yeah, fine." He says, carefully patting under his eye. Obviously the wounds haven't gotten any better. "And we could hang out, if you want."
"In public?!" I gasp sarcastically and Brad rolls his eyes.
"Yes Jane, and I'd rather not speak to my mum right now." Brad suddenly snaps.
"Sorry to mention it. What about your dad?"
"Don't have one."
Oh, that came as a surprise. I leave the eggs and walk over to sit opposite him.
"Why?"
"Don't worry, Jane. I'm fine. The eggs are burning." He nods to the saucepan and I huff, jump up and rush to rescue our breakfast.

We decide to take a walk in the park, along the frozen river. The air I breathe from my mouth exhilarates in from of me, making me recall the night on the roof. I turn to Brad and we stop at a nearby bench, looking over the glistening water.
"We should probably talk about what happened." I finally say. Brad nods. "Well, um..."
"Sorry I ran out on you." He says and flashes me an apology.
"It's fine." I nod. "I know I don't need to know, but where did you go for three weeks?"
Brad's lips part but he hesitates before he speaks. "I was taking care of some... business."
Um, okay. Lier much?
I pretend like I understand. "Oh okay."
"But before all of that... it was okay." He smiles at me and I feel myself already getting flustered from blushing.
"R-really?" I mumble, acting like a pathetic lovestruck school girl.
Brad nods and slumps on the bench. We sit in silence for a while, enjoying the serenity of the park. I look across the river, only for a split second, and someone catches my eye: a dark, hooded figure, sneaking behind the trees. I swiftly stand up and take a step forward, squinting, but by the time I have, the figure is gone. Most likely it was a shadow. Brad stands up with me and places a hand on mine, interlocking the fingers. I slowly turn around and we're only centimetres apart.
"What's wrong?"
"Nothing..." I say, my breathing becoming rapid very fast.
"Good..." he whispers and takes my other hand into his free one. "You know what we were talking about before?" I nod, speechless. "Do you want to try it again?" I nod again, this time less eager, more relaxed.
Our lips press against each others and I feel my mind completely shutting down. This isn't like the first time we kissed, this is different. Our mouths move in perfect sync and I find myself crawling my hands up Brad's chest and behind his neck, whilst his wrap around my waist. Very briskly, our tongues brush against each others, but I'm the first to pull away when this happens. I keep my eyes shut and our foreheads touching.
"There are people around," I laugh, breathless. Brad doesn't reply, just lifts one hand up and strokes my cheek very lightly and softly.
"I don't care." He mumbles into my lips, then plants a soft kiss upon me. It's only our lips brushing briskly against me, but it causes a weird fluttering feeling in my stomach.