Fourty four

FUN FACT: it's me in the photo above ^^ (I edit all my chapter pictures btw)

---
Many minutes- perhaps even an hour- later, Brad appears back in his room with a tray of food. I'm fiddling with my phone, lying back on his bed. I'd heard more yells from Brad and his mum, however most I couldn't recover. When he walks in, he has a large smile planted on his face.
"Hey," he says, almost in a hush voice as he walks over. I throw him a closed-mouth smile, cold, and slowly sit up, throwing my phone to the side. He places the tray on his bedside table and perches on the end of his bed next to me.
"What was that all about?" I ask.
"I'm really sorry." Brad squeezes his eyes shut and gestures towards the door, presumably towards his mum. "She thinks I'm going to hurt you."
The next few words slip out of my mouth before I could stop them.
"Makes sense, it's happened a lot before." I shrug, looking down, then I realise what I've said and quickly glance back up to see Brad pulling an expression I didn't expect to see- he is smiling still. "I-I didn't mean-" I'm quickly cut off by his mouth against mine. He was soft, more gentle than usual. When he pulled away, I placed my hand on his, resting on the bed.
"So what are you going to say to Calum?" I ask, looking down and fiddling with a gold ring on Brad's fore finger. He's always been fond of rings.
"I'll get back to you when I know..." Brad says, staring at the opposite wall, his constant smile now gone. I can't quite put my finger on it, but there's some sort of emotion playing in his eyes.
"Brad?" I ask.
"Hmm?" He responds. I can't look into his eyes.
"I don't know how much more of this I can take." The sentence sort of trails out without hesitation and my hands begin to perspire. Brad takes both my hands in his and lifts a leg onto the bed so he's facing me fully.
"What do you mean, Jane?" Brad asks, genuine concern flooding his face. "Jane?" He repeats, but his words are... kind of fuzzy. I chuckle, but I can't hear my laugh.
"Brad?" My word shakes in my brain, the room spins, every image is blurred.

Black.
---

OH SHIT
yeah she blacked out
you totally can't tell
I feel like Jane is just a goat that complains to Brad and blacks out 24/7... ahahaha writing :)