Thirty eight

Wehay arctic monkeys
And yeah i made the edit, in fact i made most of them lololololol
---
"Tris, where are we going?" I yell over the noise of a thousand people chatting as half a dozen bags bang against me while I'm pulled through the crowds. Tristan doesn't answer, he only drags me faster. Finally, we reach near the end of the field and walk around to the side of a bobbing apple game. I stumble forwards as Tris shoves me a little- not intentionally... I don't think. I groan and rub my arm from where he grabbed it, then frown and stare at him.
"Well?" I ask.
"So you and Brad really are properly together, then?" Tristan asks, acting kind of bewildered.
I grimace, but slowly nod and turn my face to neutral.
"We're taking things... slow."
Tristan chuckles a bit and crosses his arms. "Well, he won." He shrugs.
I turn my expression back to 'what the fuck'.
"Won what?"
"The bet."
Okay, now not only do I look it, but I am a literal. What. The. Fuck.
"We made a bet to see if Brad could get in your pants by the end of the school year. He got what he signed up for." Tristan shrugs.
My mind goes blank as I think of a witty catchphrase to snap back. But I think of nothing.
Why would this happen? And why, out of all the times, did Tristan tell me?
"W-well, he hasn't yet..." I retort, slowly crossing my arms and pretending like I don't care. But I do, I really do.
"Oh, so you're a virgin?" Tris asks. I flip my arms in the air and let out an exasperated sigh.
"FYI, no, I'm not a fucking virgin. Why do you care anyways?" I ask, then as Tris opens his mouth, I hold up my hand and begin walking away. "Honestly, I don't even care." Yet again, I'm grabbed by my arm and pulled back into the crowds. This time, we head to the centre.
"One ride, okay, then I'll let you go." Tris says and points to the Ferris wheel. We stop at the entrance and watch as a few other couples get on.
"Ladies first," he lets me go on and I roll my eyes, but accept his offer. I hand in a coin and take a seat on the far end. As I'm looking in my bag for my phone to text Luke, the ride begins slowly rising up. I'm about to yell down to Tris, but as I look up to my right, I don't see Tris. I see Brad. I almost jump out of my skin.
"Brad, what the hell?" I yell and struggle to get my phone out. "Where's Tris?!" I tap on Tris' contact but Brad suddenly grabs my phone.
"Tris was in on it." He hands it back to me. I sigh in defeat and put my bag next to me.
"What are you doing here, Brad?" I ask, slightly pissed off. The wheel gets around half way to the top.
"I had to keep an eye on you, with Calum and Luke around. I mean, you were playing coconut shy with the enemy." He exaggerates and I gasp.
"Wait, you were spying on us? And Luke isn't even in the gang anymore! Calum wouldn't hurt me either, not when he wants something from you." I say, the last part turning into a mumble.
"That's what I need to tell you, you can't hang with Luke."
"I don't care, Brad, what I want to know is about this bet you and Tris had-"
"Jane..."
"What?" I say and he stares at me. "Ugh, fine, why can't I hang with Luke?"
"Because..." Brad slows his speech.
"Come on, Brad. Spit it-"
"He's a murderer."

---
OOOO cliffhanger
I mean it's not like we've had none so far
And it's not like y'all already know what comes next
Cos it's so fucking obvious lololol