Chapter 28: 8 Months Later

Eight months later...

I walk to my locker, a smile on my lips. Chloe, Sarah and I were just watching '73 Questions With Selena Gomez' on Youtube (which was shot in March, I guess) and the last joke she said cracked me up. It took me a while to understand, but as soon as I did, I couldn't stop laughing. It's so damn lame.

"What did the pirate say on his 80th birthday? Aye matey."

It's so lame I can't stop laughing.

My life has turned out happier than I thought it would. I can still remember last school year, when that jerk, Eddie, totally broke my heart and I thought I would never be happy again.

It's still hurts. It will always hurt.

But happiness isn't temporary. It's like a person you live with. That person will not always be home. Sometimes it will go grocery shopping, or to the mall. Sometimes that person will travel to another country...But that person will come back. And if they didn't, they can be replaced.

Anything can be replaced.

Just ask Eddie.

I open my locker door and a note falls out. Surprised, I pick it off the floor and open it.

It says...

Meet me in the woods after school.

-Shawn

Oh my gosh...

I haven't talked to Shawn since that day in the woods. I can still hear his voice sometimes saying, "To where destiny leads us."

I miss him. I honestly do.

Has he changed? He has become friends with almost everyone in school, even Kim's clique.

Fortunately, there was one more period till I find out what destiny has in store for both of us.

~*~

After the last period, I prepare my books to go home, and set off to the woods. This is just like the last time I've been here when Shawn and I said goodbye. I haven't returned to the woods because I didn't want to.

Way too many memories rest here. This is the place I fainted in last year because of Revealing Things (Bryn and Carole)'s post. Where Eddie and I had our first kiss. Where he asked me to be his girlfriend. Where Shawn and I said goodbye...

Isn't it amazing that one place could hold so many events that affected your life and you as a person? 

I find it mind-blowing.

I arrive there and expect to see Shawn, but I see no other than Mark Jay.

"Hey, Emma," He smiles when he sees me and approaches me. He hands me an envelope and turns to leave.

I stop him. "Wait, what is this?" I point to the envelope.

"Concert tickets," He replies. "See you there." He leaves the forest.

And he also leaves me feeling very confused.

What the hell is going on?

I open the envelope and find two VIP concert tickets inside for Shawn Mendes's Illuminate Tour and a letter. I carefully put the tickets back inside the envelope, too scared to lose them, and I open the letter and read it...

Dear Emma,

I am having a concert here in New York. These are two VIP tickets for you and Kim. I really, really, really hope to see you there.