Chapter 11: Carole Janesson

We ran to Geography and waiting by the door. I told Shawn to look like he was reading the textbook. He nodded, turned, bent his head down and read the textbook. It was kinda funny seeing Shawn Mendes or anyone really like this: in a dog mask, reading a Geography textbook. Not to mention the hat and gloves.

After about half a minute, I heard the bell ring and the students gather their stuff.

"Don't forget your homework for Wednesday!" I hear the teacher say.

The door opened and students went out chatting. Only a few noticed that a guy in a dog mask, hat and gloves was reading a book. They gave Shawn a weird look but didn't do anything else really. I laughed at how many looks he got, and I could here his little muffled laugh under the dog mask. Loud enough for me to hear, but too low for anyone else.

After I made sure no one was in class, Shawn and I went in.

"Hello, Emma," Greeted Mrs. Daphne, my Geography teacher. "Who's this?" She asks, kinda startled when she looked at Shawn.

"Mrs. Daphne have you ever heard of Shawn Mendes?" I ask, taking a deep breath. I know Mrs. Daphne has a daughter in middle school who must know Shawn.

And sure enough, I'm right. "Yes, my daughter's crazy about him," she answers with a light laugh.

"Well," I start, "what if I told you he was in this room right now?"

Her gaze lies on the dog-masked guy.

"Shawn Mendes? Is that you?" She asks with a soft voice like if she speaks loudly he's going to be scared.

"We couldn't and can't afford anyone seeing me because... you know..." Shawn says taking his mask off.

"You can't keep your costume in class," Says Mrs. Daphne getting up from her chair, she leans n the desk and crosses her arms, "sit at the back and try to blend in."

"Um..." Says Shawn, unsure, "okay..." He walks to a seat and the back corner of the class. I sit in the seat beside him.

We talk about school. He says he's always wondered how actually going to school would be like. After a while, the bell rang signaling for students it was time to go to class. I tell Shawn to be prepared because students are going to start coming. He nods and gets his stuff out of his bag.

"For someone who's never been to school, you sure know how to pack your stuff," I laugh.

"I watch a lot of movies," He states and laughs.

"What's your favorite movie?" I ask, interested.

"Harry Potter," He quickly responds, "how about you?"

"Er, Fantastic Four," I reply.

"I watched that!" He exclaims with a huge smile, "It's a nice movie."

"Yeah!" I answer, loving how excited he is. Truth is, Fantastic Four isn't my favorite movie. I don't have a favorite movie.Usually, when people ask, I just tell them the movie I recently watched. If it sucks, I tell them the one before the recent. In this case, it was Fantastic Four.

Just then, a girl enters the class. As soon as she lays eyes on Shawn she freezes and stares at us.

"Uh-oh," I whisper. Shawn and I stare back at the girl, waiting for her next move.

A guy walks into the class and stares at all of us staring at each other. Huh, a lot of staring is going on. Even the teacher is joining in the staring!

"Hey, is that—" the guy starts, breaking the silence.

"SHAWN MENDES!" The girl screams at the top of her lungs and jumps up and down. I wince and the guy covers his ears at how loud she is. Shawn didn't react, he kept staring. And they say I'M the dork!

I think the guy's name is Mark Jay.

The teacher orders, "Go to your seat, Miss Janesson! You too, Mr. Jay!" So that confirms my theory, his name is Mark Jay!

Mark walks to a seat next to the window and makes himself comfortable.

Meanwhile, Miss Janesson (I don't know her first name) argues, "But Miss! It's SHAWN MENDES! I gotta take a picture with him!"

"No, sit here!" Mrs. Daphne points at a seat in front that is very far from Shawn. I smirk. Miss Janesson looks like she's on the verge of tears as she gloomily saunters to her seat.

"Hey, Carole!" Calls Mark.

"Yeah?" Miss Janesson, whose I now assume her name is Carole Janesson, turns to him.

"You know he officially goes to this school, so you'll see him everyday," reassures Mark. They're talking like Shawn is not even in the room, talk about rudeness. Carole's face lights up and she has a smile on her face.

Shawn gave me a look that screamed fear and is-everyone-going-to-act-like-that look.

I shrug, "I dunno, Shawn. No celebrity has ever come to GWHS. Until now, anyway."

That obviously didn't help him since he looked really nervous.

"Shawn Mendes!" Squealed a girl I haven't noticed entered the class, "OMG! I LOVE YOU SO—"

"Take your seat right next to Miss Janesson, please," sighs Mrs. Daphne.

"B-but... it's far from—fine!" She gave in when the teacher gave her a hard look. She walked over to the seat next to Carole and they immediately started gossiping. They were popular. Not very popular, but kinda very popular. I don't make sense, do I?

"Here they come..." I say as I watch more students file in. Girls scream, boys laugh, it's a disaster! They all stare and talk about Shawn. He must be used to this, right?

"Shawn, I want your number!" Suddenly screams Carole as she hopped out of her seat.

"And I want a picture!" Said another girl.

"And I want an autograph!"

Suddenly everyone started screaming what they wanted. I covered my ears and glanced at Shawn, he looked horrified.

I looked ay Mrs. Daphne who sighed. "EVERYONE STOP!" She suddenly screams.

Everyone stops screaming and jumping all at once. They stared at the teacher, frightened. Mrs. Daphne was a nice teacher, but if you really piss her ff, she turns into a freaking monster. Pretty clear to me what was going to happen next.

She starts shouting really loudly, "NEVER HAVE I ENCOUNTERED SUCH A DISRESPECTFUL CLASS! MISS SMITH" wait, what "IS THE ONLY ONE NOT SCREAMING" oh, I thought she was going to scream at me! "STOP ACTING LIKE A BUNCH ON WILD ANIMALS AND SIT DOWN OR I AM CALLING THE PRINCIPAL!"

Everyone was pretty scared of the principal — and Mrs. Daphne, they were both pretty strict when it came down to punishments — they quickly took their seats and I sighed wondering if the rest of the day will be like this.

Oh, who am I kidding? Of course it will!