Chapter 23: "I love you"

"I'm just tired!" I groan, pulling the covers tighter around me. It's Monday, and I didn't go to school today. It's currently 3PM and Kim is bugging me like crazy.

"'Just tired'?!" Kim echoes. "You didn't even go to school today to be tired!"

"I...woke up late..." I lie.

"LIAR! I saw you drinking milk and cereal in the kitchen! I live with you, did you forget that?!" She argues. I sigh and burry my head under the pillow.

"Emma," Kim softens her tone. I sit up. "What's up?"

I sigh again. "I can't...I can't face Bryn and Carole. Bryn pretended to be my friend! And I trusted her!" I shake my head. 

"Not showing up made them want to spread even more rumors! Mark reasoned them, of course, but he can't reason them forever! You have to come tomorrow!" Kim begs.

"But I don't want to!" I protest. "What are you gonna do if I don't go anyway, huh?"

"I'm gonna tell Aunt Rose," She says mischievously, crossing her arms and plastering a smirk on her face.

"No! Don't tell Mom!" I groan. "Fine, I'll go."

"Yay!" She squeals and finally leaves the room.

"I sincerely hope she won't tell Mom, or I'm dead," I mutter as I stuff my head under the pillow.

~*~

"I love you too," I grinned as Eddie took my hand. We're walking in the park together right now. I honestly...never felt so much love towards him. He's just a wonderful boyfriend and I don't understand how I ever even considered that Shawn would be better.

"Look, I really have to go take a piss, I am dying here," He moans. He hands me his phone and goes into the area of the park where there are a lot of trees. I giggle a bit.

His phone dings and I look down at it. The screen shows a text from Carole that says:

So are u still with her?

What?

I decide to reply back:

Nope. Just left.

Carole: ok cool.

Carole: we need to figure out the next move

What next move?

Eddie: ok wait a second.

Carole: sure

I scroll up to read the conversation between them. My eyes fill with tears and I sprint out of the park like dear life depended on it.

~*~

My first instinct is to go to Sarah's or Chloe's. But Shawn's house was closer, so I go there.

I ring the doorbell. I hear footsteps then the door opens. Shawn peeks out and sees me. "Emma? Hey," He smiles. He opens the door wide to let me in. I step into the house. "My parents aren't home, but Annie, my maid, is. Let's go up to my room." Unable to speak because of this lump that made it's way in my throat, I nod and we both head to his room.

Once we're there, he closes the door shut. I, being the emotional mess I am, full out sob.

"Emma!" He exclaims, horrified. "Oh my gosh! What's wrong?" He rushes to my side.

"He was cheating on me, Shawn," I mutter. "This whole time. He never loved me. It was all a plan."

~*~Shawn's POV~*~