Chapter 1: Missing the Bus

I wake up at 7:00AM.

Shoot, I slept in! I'm gonna be late.

I yank open my closet door and grab the first two things I see: a pair of jeans and a shirt. I throw them on the bed and rush to the bathroom. I finish brushing my teeth, cleaning my face, applying deodorant and styling my hair. I run into my room, throw on my clothes and put on my shoes.

The clock on the bedside table reads 7:10AM. Phew, I managed to get ready in only ten minutes.

But I need to get to school by 7:25AM! How am I supposed to do that? School is thirty minutes away! Curse my parents who moved to New York because they felt more 'at home' than in Texas.

As if Texas wasn't amazing.

I don't have any time to complain. I run downstairs as fast as I can, grab an apple and head out to the door.

"I'M GOING TO SCHOOL!" I scream, letting my parents know I'm heading out for the day.

"HAVE A GOOD DAY!" I hear my mom shout from the living room as I head out the door.

I shut the front door and run as fast as I can to school. The bus that I usually take leaves at 6:50AM. My luck sucks today.

I cross the street as fast as I can, but in the corner of my eye, I spit a limousine heading towards me. It hits me pretty hard practically shoving me on the ground. How embarrassing! Actually, how petrifying! If it was faster, I could've died.

The driver looks confused. I feel the urge to slap him. CAN'T HE SEE THAT THE OTHER CARS HAVE STOPPED MOVING?! OR, AT LEAST, CAN'T HE SEE THAT IT'S A RED LIGHT NOT A GREEN LIGHT?!

Some people are actual fools.

I sit up and see a guy walking over to me. Wait, it can't be. No, no way!

I am clearly hallucinating.

It can't be.

Of course not.

Someone better take me to the hospital because it seems like I am imagining stuff.

I AM IMAGINING THAT SHAWN MENDES IS WALKING OVER TO ME.