Chapter 9

The bell rang, signaling the end of class. I got up and started packing.

"Hey, Jack?" I turned to see MJ.

"What?" I glanced at her.

"Can we talk, please?" She pleaded.

"I have somewhere to be." I brushed her off and pushed past her, leaving the classroom.
———

Melody's POV

Jack's been ignoring me for a while and it really hurts

Jack's been ignoring me for a while and it really hurts. I honestly thought we were friends. Maybe even more. I still can't stop thinking about him and both kisses we had. I like him a lot. I'm crushing on him.

I tried talking to him after Geometry, but he just pushed me and left the room. I haven't done anything wrong to him. What's wrong with being a virgin?

"You ready, Mel?" JJ questioned. I nodded. "C'mon. Let's go get lunch." He slung his arm around my shoulder. We walked to my locker and I put my things inside. I grabbed JJ's things and put them in my locker, too. "Wanna go to Wendy's for lunch today?" He asked.

"Yes, please." I smiled and kissed his cheek. We signed out at the main office, then left the building. We got to his car and sat inside and JJ drove off to Wendy's.
———

"And his pants were still on the diving board after he jumped." JJ laughed as I was rolling on the grass in laughter.

JJ had taken me to 'his place' where he thinks to himself and clears his head. It was really beautiful and peaceful. We decided to just skip the rest of the day and stay here.

JJ had told me about the time where he and Jack were on vacation and at the pool. Jack was scared to jump the high dive, but JJ pressured him into doing it. He jumped too early and his pants got stuck on the diving board and he flipped into the water butt naked.

"Can I ask you something?" I asked JJ.

"Sure, shoot." He answered.

"Do you know why Jack's been ignoring me?" I asked again.

"No, he wouldn't tell me. I noticed it, too and when I asked him, he said just to drop it." JJ shrugged.

"Oh." I sighed, looking down at the grass.

"Why, what happened between you two?"

I told JJ everything. He didn't seem surprised.

"What? No look of shock or surprise?" I asked him and he shook his head.

"You guys have been acting really weird anyway." He shrugged. "Anyway, he's just being stubborn. I'm pretty sure he likes you, he just doesn't know how to tell you." JJ answered after my story.

"I don't know." I shrugged. JJ and I were lying down on the grass. "Can I ask you something?" JJ mocked me from a while ago."

"Sure shoot." I mocked him back.

"What do you honestly like about Jack? Why do you like him?" He questioned. I looked at him and thought about it for a moment.

"Well, most girls would say because he's hot or attractive. But I think he's cute." I said.

"Cuter than me?" JJ questioned.

"No, no one's cuter than you, boo." I shook my head, making us both laugh.

"What else do you like about him?" He asked again.

"He's very protective of me and I like that. He's really sweet and he cares about me. Like when I told him about my father leaving my family, he comforted me. He's just amazing and, ugh, I don't know if he feels the same way about me. It kills me that I don't know." I said honestly.

"Wow, that was deep." JJ said, making me turn red in embarrassment.

"Don't be embarrassed, Mel. He does like you. I'm sure of it. He just doesn't know how to tell you either, but he'll come around." JJ said, making me smile.

"Thanks, JJ. That means a lot." I hugged him.

"No problem, bestie." He kissed my head. We probably stayed like this for a few minutes until JJ broke the silence.

"I think we should head back." JJ announced after a while.

"No, I wanna stay here. It's so peaceful." I whined, pulling away.

"I know but it's like past 4." JJ looked down at his phone that just turned on. He got a text from Jack.

"Oh shit, really?" I asked surprised. He nodded. "Alright, let's go." I got up and brushed the grass off of me. We picked up our trash and headed back to JJ's car.