Chapter 35 - Home Again

REWRITTEN

Eli turns into the driveway. There's only three cars parked in the gravel: Jo-Je's, Eli's, and Adam's.

David's wasn't here though.

The house appears to be the same, just the flowers are different. Instead of being beautiful red tulips, they were white roses. They made a beautiful contrast against the grayish color of the building.

The broken window frames are fixed, now they have new glass panes in them, it looks gorgeous; just like before everything went downhill.

Eli parks his truck and hops out, so did Adam.

Keith very carefully slid my leg off of his lap and got out of the car. I scoot my body so that my legs are hanging off the side of the truck and gently got out of the high up interior, holding onto the handles for dear life.

Keith is immediately at my side, pulling me close to his side and I put my arm around him and he put his around my waist for support.

I continue to jump closer to the door with one foot.

I really hope that this isn't too bad.

Adam was quick to open the door for us, and I smiled at him. My throat still felt raw from all of that yelling I did earlier.

"We're home Jo-Je!" Will shouts, cuffing his hands around his mouth to make his voice seem louder. Keith sat me down on the couch and helps me support my ankle on the glass coffee table. and when I examined the room, there indeed was no TV, like I thought before.

Minutes later, I hear light, feather-like footsteps make there way down the stairs. Then, a very pale and weak looking Jo-Je came into view, but I could barely see because the three boys were standing in front of Keith and I. I'm guessing that they were hiding us from her because they wanted to surprise her, which was very sweet.

"Why are you guys standing like tha-" she starts to say, but then her mouth feel open when the three of them lunge out of the way to show us.

Her eyes fill with tears of joy and and she rushes over to us. Keith stands up and took her into an embrace. She squeezes Keith hard.

She then pulls away form him and focuses her eyes on me. She then quickly sat down beside me and took me in her arms, just as I wished she would in the car. It feels good to be back home and away from everything that happened for these last few hectic weeks.

"I can't believe it!" Jo-Je cries. "I can't believe you're actually back!"

"Yeah nether can I!" Keith says, but then got tugged down and Jo-Je wraps him and I in another tight embrace on the couch.

"These last five weeks have been crazy. You have no idea how much I've missed you!" Jo-Je states.

"Wait, we've been gone for five weeks?" I weakly ask.

"Yes, it's been insane, phone calls here and there and David losing his mind!" She chuckles a little. She let out a little sigh of relief, "I'm just glad you guys are here now!"

"Us too." Keith says for the both of us, before Jo-Je hugs us tightly one more time.

***

"So, what happened to your leg for it to be like this?" Jo-Je asks, curiosity laced in her voice.

As I explain to her what happened, she cushioned it and wrapped gauze around it for protection. There was ice wrapped in between the gauze so that it would stay numb, and so it wouldn't keep causing me pain.