Chapter 33 - Good And The Bad News

REWRITTEN

Jay's POV

    "What did you find out?" I ask. He seems a little happy, but also really upset.

    "Well... good news or bad news?"

    "Uh, I guess good news... whats up?"

    "Alright, well I figured out that I-I have a brother!" He exclaims excitedly. But he still looks upset, I can just tell by the way he stood with his hands jammed in his jean pockets.

   "Thats great! Isn't his name Liam or something?"

   "Yeah. Wait, how did you know?" He asks, his face expression: puzzled.

   "Your mo- I mean Sandra told me when you were asleep in the car..." that was close.

   "Oh, did she tell you anything else?"

   "No, not really." I say. "So, um...what was the bad news?"

   To be honest, I was kind of afraid to hear it. What if it's something about his past. Well of course it's something about his past.

   I feel stupid for even bringing that up...

    "Uh yeah, well. Apparently the man who I thought... w-was my father, isn't." He shudders, reluctantly stating this. This is why he's hurt. I can't imagine how he must feel.

   "Oh, Keith. I'm so sorry." I say, I pace toward him, avoiding all the pain I was feeling because it didn't matter right now; he did. I wrap my arms around his neck and he wrapped his around my waist, pulling me close.

   "W-er" he muttered into my shoulder.

   "What?"

   "Walker" he says more clearly, this time I'm able to hear him.

  "What about him?" He didn't answer, only put his head deeper into my shoulder and neck, almost squeezing the life out of me; but I didn't care. But then it hit me. "Wait, he isn't your real-"

   I could feel him move his head up and down in my shoulder, telling me that indeed he was the father. Shock fills me, my tongue caught in a knot.

   I'm speechless.

   The only thing that I can do was hold him closer. I felt a single tear fall on my shirt, it immediately sunk in. I've never seen such a strong guy like Keith cry like this before. But that made my heart ache for him even more.

"What are you gonna do?" I ask.

"I don't know..." He says, his voice quivering. "I-um... I found out something else too.."

"What else?"

" W-Walker," he was having trouble even pronouncing his name. "Him and...David are, siblings."

He pulls away from me and stares down into my eyes. Now looking at his eyes up close, I could see the redness from constantly rubbing them.

"They're... they're brothers? Wait a second... that means that he's-"

"Yeah, he's my uncle." He states coldly.

Once again, shock.

Did Mr. Newman even know that he was his nephew? Looking back a all of the things David did to Keith was too much, it made my stomach churn and ache. My heart is full of sorrow for him right now. He just figured out that his whole family is abusive.

But now that I think about it, it does make sense. Both David and Walker are both abusive, they do act and think alike. But I can't necessarily say that they look alike, because I've never seen Walker's full facial features due to those large shades he always wears.

"Wait, back to your brother for a moment, did Sandra know where he is?" I ask?

"The only thing she said she new was that as soon as him and I were born, they gave him up. And she also said that he would be sent to my uncles house, also known as Mr. Newman." He informs.

"Wait, so that means that he's been there before right? So Jo-Je must know about it, we can just ask her when we get home!" I offer, but I have a feeling that I already know who it is. I mean, it's obvious. They look alike and have the same birthday. Sure that can just be luck, but still. As soon as Keith came to the house two years ago I knew something about the two was strange.

And also the names rhyme sort of: Liam, Adam.

***

"Thank you so much again Sandra for the ride here!" I say, hugging her. She was now leaning against her blue Jeep and we talked for a while longer, after Keith and I had our private conversation.

"You're welcome dear. I was just happy to help!" She gave me a sympathetic smile that reaches ear-to-ear and fills her eyes. She turns to face her son, she gave him a goodbye hug and he actually didn't push her away.

"Thank you Sandra for telling me the things you did, although it might have hurt a little bit. But it's good to know the truth." Keith says, a lot less hatred in his voice. He actually sounds happier.

"You're welcome. I'm just really happy that I actually found you. And you look very handsome by the way..."

He smiled and chuckled a little. "Thanks."

"You got my number right?" Sandra asks. I assume that she gave it to him.

Keith held up his phone and nods. "Yeah, got it." He says.

"Alright, well if you ever need anything, please don't hesitate to call me."

"Thank you Sandra." I say.

"You are so welcome. And thank you for letting me take you here. It really was a pleasure to meet you Jay."

I smile and give her a cheeky grin.

"Well, I best be off now, I'll let you two go."

I give Sandra one last hug before I turn around, my back facing them. But when I look back again, I saw that Sandra was telling Keith one last thing. He was bobbing his head in agreement. They were talking too low for me to hear from where I was standing which was farther from the car.

Keith came by my side and looked down at me. I can tell now that since he let the newly learned information sink in, he seemed a lot happier. Which is a very good thing, because I hate seeing the hurt Keith.

We walked further into the field, hand in hand. But I stop short when more strikes of pain zing up my leg. I wince but stare down to hide the pain from him. The last thing I want is for him to worry about me on top of all the other things he has to worry about now; with his family and all.

"You alright" he asks urgently.

"Yeah. I'm fine." I state. Honestly, I'm not used to having someone like Keith care for me like he does.

"Are you sure?"

I just nod and stand upright again, but when I peer over his broad, built body, I see someone, well more like three someones' charging toward us.

"Uh, Keith?"

I point behind him, but before he even had enough time to turn around and take in what was happening, he's tackled to the ground, pushing me with him.

"I knew that was you!" A familiar voice shouts.

And I immediately knew who it was.

Adam.

_____________

  Seven more chapters till the end😢 I hope you've enjoyed this story as much as I have enjoyed writing it! Once again, thank you so much for reading my first ever book here on Wattpad, I hope it was good and met your standards of an excellent book. 🤓🙂

HAPPY READING!

Question of the day: I don't have one.

~AlexisJadeS22

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️