Ch.42

Tobias

I watched as her slender body moved through the crowd. All geared up for war, I'm not going to lie she looks smoking hot. Even with her black eyes and fangs barring at me.

"Focus Tobias" I shook my head Yes focus. She smirked at me, someone on her side got close enough to the house and through and bottle inside that exploded on impact.

I quickly mind linked the pack and gave them the direction to the underground escape path. My pack acted on instinct and attacked.

"Leave her to me."

"Yes Alpha"

"Kill the warriors leave no one alive, take the women and children! But leave the Alpha to me!" she screamed across the field.

She did not hesitate she jumped at me, my body moved involuntarily and moved towards her. We collided and she started pounding into my chest with her fist. I use my hind legs and kick her off of me. I shift back into a human.

"Athena why are you doing this?" She attacked me again with knives in her hand. I moved my head side to side and ducked. I jumped up when she went low for the kick to the ankles. She spun around and kicked me in the chest I flew through three trees and dented one. Just as I was about to get back up she punched me in my face and I was back down again.

"Awe come on, this is no fun. Don't tell me you're going to let a girl beat you even if it was your mate." She bent my head down and it was welcomed with her knee I groaned. "What do you mean you still are my mate?" "Take a good look black eyes and fangs can you even feel your mate's wolf. No you can't I've blocked them both and taken over her body." She then stumbled back and grabbed a tree for balance. She looked up at me and her eyes flashed blue. Then they solidified to those loving blue eyes I know and love. "Kill me. Please I'm too dangerous to be alive." Her eyes flashed back to black. "Well she was always a stubborn one that mate of yours. But it's too late, and you can't even get up."

She scoffed and turned to leave. "Pathetic." I grabbed her leg as she was walking away and she fell face first. I quickly got up and turned her body around so it was facing me. I sat down on her hips putting enough weight down so she couldn't move.

"Why are you doing this?!"

"Well doesn't this position look familiar." she licked her lips. I picked her up and slammed her back to the ground. "Yeah I remember that too. But ok fine, I'm doing this because I can." She started laughing and tilted her head back.

I grabbed the knife out of her side pocket and held it to her neck. She stopped laughing and looked at me. "You won't do it." "Don't test me Athena. Why are you doing this?"

"Do it! I dare you too. Cut it, slide the knife across my throat. You can't do it can you. Ahhhh pathetic. "I was raised off of her and was slammed into a tree.

She took her fighting stance. "You want to know then fight me like a man." "You don't know what you're asking for." "Try me. I won't even use my powers. All strength let's go. Come at me."

I met her at the center and took stance. We circled each other trying to find each other's weakness. She attacked first with a spin kick meant for my head. I grabbed it in mid stride and threw her into the trees. No tree was saved from her stone cold body. She stopped when her body hit the boulder, even then the impact was so great that her body was imprinted on the boulder. She jumped down and swiped the blood from her lip.

"Not bad lover boy." She quickly moved out of sight. I quickly greeted with a hit from my back and I tumbled forward and then I was kneed in the face. My legs were taken from under me and I fell onto my hands and knees. I coughed up blood. Then there was a weight on my back.

'Am I going too fast for the little Alpha?" She giggled, I coughed again and turned to grab for her. She disappeared, there was a kick to my stomach and I flipped over to my back.

She landed on top of me. "Ahhhh one of my favorite position." She leaned down and licked my face. "Mine too." I grabbed her waist and lifted my hips into her. "But I'm sorry about this." I quickly pulled the injection. Selena gave me a while back and injected it into her back.

"What have you done?" She rolled over and started screaming. Her body arched and rolled over. I walked up to her and grabbed her body.

Her body was shifting her hair changing colors along with her skin tone and body shape. White appeared at the roots of her hair and when her eyes opened they were blue. She looked at me and smiled.

"I'm so sorry, it wasn't supposed to be like this. But thank you." We shared a loving kiss, the most sweetest of the all.

I didn't even know I was crying until she swiped my face. "Don't cry just stay strong for the children?" Her eyes rolled back into her head. I picked her up and carried her to the cabin, the little house in the forest, where we first met and where this whole mess is began.

I walked inside and placed her on the bed. I stepped back and looked down at her. I then reached into my pockets and pulled out the slip of paper Selena gave me to make a potion to save Athena.

I went around the house looking for everything I needed. I came back to the room and gently grabbed her wrist and cut it. I let her blood drain into a tube. I did the same to mine but in a separate container. I took tubes of blood and added some herbs and oils, I repeated the words Selena wrote down and then swallowed Athena's bottle of blood. I walked over to Athena and opened her mouth and poured it inside her throat making sure she swallowed every drop.

The spell its self is a transportation of hearts. The two that drinks each other's blood their hearts will switch from one body to the next. This is how Athena locked her powers away the first time after leaving her kingdom after her rage and then shifted her body and posed as a little child who then was captured by Jason and eventually led her to me.

This potion will lock away her evil powers as well as her vampire side. I picked her up from the bed and laid down with her. Our children came rushing in.

"MOM!"

"Shhhh, she is in here. She is resting."

"Dad?!" Alexandra came running over crying. I hugged her the best I could and kissed her forehead. She was apologizing and saying how much she didn't want to do it that it was just the blood lust. I chuckled and brushed her hair down. I looked at my boys, my two strong handsome boys. I waved them over I kissed each of their foreheads. "It's nice having the whole family here together, I mean it's sort of weird because you were just babies a few months ago and now look at you guys all grown up. It's like I missed your whole childhood."

"You didn't miss much. We missed majority of it too." Joshua did an awkward laugh. "I love you guys ok. But I'm a little tired, so if you want you can hang around here, fix this place up a bit or go try and apologize to the pack without them taking your head off. Your choice."

"Yeaaaaaahhhhh we will stay here." I chuckled as they walked out the room. I looked down at my beautiful mate and kissed the top of her head. I sighed and then closed my eyes.

I will always love them. I will always love her no matter what.